Puerto Vallarta Hotels that allow day use of their facilities/pools.

VentureMan_2000

Ive heard some about Krystal? But I dont know if thats the hotel name or what city it was in..I posted something a while back similar to this thread, and it had a few responses, one mentioning Krystal(Again im not 100% on that, I will look later on and recheck it)

But if anyone has the names of any of the hotels with day passes, Id definitely be interested in knowing htem as well!

Yes, the Krystal allows cruise guests to use their facilities - we've used the pools, had lunch there, and the wife is getting a massage there on Valentines day. Some ppl have said they had to pay for access - however, in 3 visits we have never had to pay. The nice thing is, it is within walking distance of the main dock facility - perhaps 1/4 mile.

So... I'm guessing that they are happy to have you purchase cocktails from their bars...?

I'm a bit skittish about water and ice in Mexico. Have you had margaritta's or other cocktails from the Kryistal... and how much on average? And is the pool nice...? and one last question... can you purchase beverages on the beach in front of the Krystal...?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

So... I'm guessing that they are happy to have you purchase cocktails from their bars...?

I'm a bit skittish about water and ice in Mexico. Have you had margaritta's or other cocktails from the Kryistal... and how much on average? And is the pool nice...? and one last question... can you purchase beverages on the beach in front of the Krystal...?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

We were there in Nov 2005. We had a good time at the pool, however this is an aging property. From recent posts, I understand the property is going through some updating and construction is ongoing. The beach is kind of nasty if you want to actually go in the water. Great views though. Heard they are now charging $30 pp for use of the pool. Not worth $5 pp. They did have very clean restrooms. If they didn't charge, I might consider going back because it is a short walk from the ship.

I am looking at Paradise Village that is about 15 min north of Vallarta in Nuevo Vallarta. Also, there is Nikki Beach Club which s located at the Westin Hotel in the marina (a different marina from where you will be docked). Not walkable but not too far by yellow taxi (cheaper) outside the marina. Have never been to any of these places (Paradise, Nikki) so looking forward to some feedback.

Sha

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we have been to the Westin Regina - Nikki Beach. The tan/pink hotel right across from the pier is the Westin. About a $6 cab ride. It's in the marina district - ask to go to Westin Nikki Beach and you'll get to the right spot. Nikki is a bar setup with great places to lounge - large squares about 6" above the sand with huge square pads and piles of pillows in the middle. They offer towels and there is no charge as long as you buy items (food and/or drinks). You can have a dip in a great pool, head out to the ocean, or cool off in a freshwater shower. If you are hungry or want much better prices, head to the marina area (right across the street adjacent to the Embarcadero) and look for a place called Victor's Tacubo. Beers are $1.50 and come with a free shot of Tequila. Food is very reasonably priced and very good (guac is ~ $3 and fresh, and fish taco is good too). There is also a Milennium Massage place right there (Marina area near Victor's Cafe) that is the same as the Krystal - offers 75 min for around $35. Nice day.

We had stayed at the Westin Regina in the past while in PV for a week - fantastic grounds compared to many adjacent hotels. Some friends of ours who had never been to the Westin didn't want to leave!

It's the same Millenium Massage operation - they just have two spots - one in the Marina area, and one at Krystal. Not sure why - most people only reference the Krystal, though they are the same operation as you will see from their website.

For appoinments at the Krystal - milleniummassage@hotmail.com

For appoinments at Marina Vallarta - massageclinicmillenium@hotmail.com

Locations:

Marina Las Palmas 1 L-31 - Tel: (322) 221 2826

Also at the Hotel krystal - Tel: (322) 224 0202 - Ext. 2136

INTERNET PROMOTIONS:

Make your reservations by e-mail and or print this page and get a 15% discount only cash.

You can see their two locations at their website: http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

do you know how to make a reservation for a massage at Westin Regina near Victor's Cafe

The Millenium Massage is actually right across the street from the Westin Regina (& Mayan Palace - Marina) - essentially right adjacent to the Embarcadero property and right along the Marina slips. They can give you directions if you email them.

• 4 weeks later...

You can also go to La Jolla de Mismaloya south of town. It is about half an hour out of town but you get to see the sights and it's a great costal drive. It is $75pp (kids are cheaper) and is All-Inlusive for the day. It is very close to Los Arcos and you can rent a pongo boat next to the hotel to take you snorkeling. We have snorkeled from the beach and seen spotted eagle rays/fish, and you can kayak as well.

When it comes to PV, that's our place!

You can also go to La Jolla de Mismaloya south of town. It is about half an hour out of town but you get to see the sights and it's a great costal drive. It is $75pp (kids are cheaper) and is All-Inlusive for the day. It is very close to Los Arcos and you can rent a pongo boat next to the hotel to take you snorkeling. We have snorkeled from the beach and seen spotted eagle rays/fish, and you can kayak as well.

When it comes to PV, that's our place!

Thanks for the info. Do you take a taxi there? Does all-inclusive mean food and drink (yes, I want booze for that price) ?

VentureMan2000, have you found any info about Paradise Village? We will be in the Mex Riv in April.

You can take a taxi there, it was $20 for four of us last time. It does include all the food and drink you can take. :) This hotel is set in the jungle and the scenary/sounds are wonderful. They have clear blue water and are in their own little cove. Each year the beach is a little bit smaller but it is quite and not a big touristy spot. We've actually stayed in the hotel four times since 2000 and have not been disappointed.

It does sound like alot, but compared to shore excursions it's really not when you consider that it's all inclusive for the whole day. You need to email or call before you go to make sure there is room for day passes. I've never seen it a problem before. Did I forget to mention it was #3 on the Travel Channel's Top 10 Resorts in Mexico? I always forget that part. LOL.

We took an atv tour from La Jolla Mismaloya the last time we went. It was a beautiful resort! The bar extended out into the middle of the pool. Across the street and down the road you can go to the Predator set site. It has a unique restaraunt with gift shop in the trees, as well as a swimming area and a zip line tour that you could go on. We paid about $20 to go by taxi on the way there. On the way back, some savy tourists let us know that we could take the bus for 50 cents. It wasn't a private ride by any means, but for 50 cents it was great. You can catch a bus in the middle of town after a little shopping or catch one in front of Walmart.

We always have a great time on the bus, but the stop is hard to find if you don't know where it is. The first time we took it, the bus just stopped in town and everyone got off including the driver so we figured that was it. LOL. We remember where it is because there is a silver shop you turn at and then turn again at the chicked place. But just to get to there it's still a long hall from the ship. On the way back you could take the bus, walk around the shops and then take a taxi back to the ship.

I've been to all the resorts mentioned above. By far, my favorite is the Westin. It is one of the prettiest spots that I have been to. We are hooked on the Westin in PV now and that is the only place we will go in the future. You will not be dissappointed.

Archived