Cruising with 10 & 8 year olds

NYCruiseMom

Hi Everyone! This is my first post here. My family cruised DCL this past May and we're hooked! :D I am now planning a cruise at the end of January. I've booked with DCL again but since my oldest will be turning 10 before then, Disney will either separate them or the 10 year old will have to move down to the 8-9 category to be with his brother.

Sooooooo....I see that Princess has an 8-12 year old grouping for their kids club. Can someone tell me if they further break down the kids into smaller age groups within the 8-12 year old bracket? Will my 8 year old be able to hang out with his brother?

Please don't suggest they go their own way, I'm very fortunate that they are truly best friends and want to be together!! ;)

Any help is appreciated!!

We also sailed Disney with our three kids, ages 9, 10, and 14, They would not let our girls be in the same program (9/10) at the time so they basically skippped most of the program stuff because they like to hang out together. This was also true of our Princess cruise last March. The girls were 10/12. Princess does further break down the groups dependant upon how many children are on the ship.

Good luck with your decision.

In May Disney didn't have a problem letting the 7 1/2 year old go into the 8-9 year old group to be with his brother. I'm not so sure my (soon to be) 10 year old will be thrilled with going down in age on the next cruise, that's the problem. I guess if it has to be, it has to be. Looks like there's no cruise that will let 8 yr olds in with 10 yr olds. :(

I'm not positive but I think most of the ships break them down farther into 6-9 & 10-12. I've heard that the Caribbean Princess does. My Sister just e-mailed me from the Diamond Princess yesterday and said that they did let her 10-year-old move down to the 6-9 year-old group to be with her Sister and her two cousins. I'm curious about moving them up too because we'll be doing the CP in September with and 11-year-old and one that won't turn 10 until 3 weeks after the cruise. I'm hoping they'll "give in" and let us move him up. I know the older one would be bored with the younger group.

We are cruising in September. We had to change this cruise from Princess to Norwegian because my sister and I are both taking a grand child and one of the stipulations from the parents was that we keep them in the same youth group. The boy will be 9 3/4 and the girl will have just turned 11 the week before the cruise. According to posters, Princess if very strict on their policy.

Norwegian is doing the same cruise and advertised the breakdown as 9-12,

so we decided to switch. I hated to do it because Princess is a favorite of

mine.

Carol

Archived