Questions from a newbie!

emmaleaf

Hi, please excuse my ignorance but I am very new to this. My fiance and I just decided we want to have a cruise wedding. We want it to be simple with a capital S. :] We are only inviting our immediate families and my matron of honor. We live in Texas and we want to sail the RC Splendor of the Seas out of Galveston. We are planning for the 5-night cruise to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Here are some questions I have:

1. Is it unrealistic to expect to plan a wedding cruise for March of this year? I know we could definitely get the cruise tickets for then but is that enough time to plan a simple, simple wedding?

2. I am a USAA member and they claim to have the best cruise deals. However, since I'm also adding the wedding, would it be cheaper/more wise to go through Royal Romance?

3. Any other advice for a new cruiser who wants to have a very, very simple wedding either on the ship or on one of the islands where we dock?

Thank you SO much!

Emily

I don't think that it is unrealistic to plan a wedding for this March. The only thing you need to do is make sure that if you go through the cruiseline that they aren't booked for weddings.

Most of the details are finalized the last month or so before the wedding, and they take care of everything, which is so nice. If you just want the standard package, I think you should be able to get this done no problem. The only thing you might have issues with, depending on where you get married, is getting your application for marriage license in on time.

I got married on the Carnival Valor and wanted something simple, yet elegant, and the wedding was exactly that. I didn't upgrade anything, so we just went with their basic package and it was perfect.

Good luck planning!

I'm getting married in March of 2008 and the only reason we are waiting so long is so that everyone will have plenty of time to save for the cruise, air, etc. - not so we have more time to plan. If you're not worried about saving then you will have plenty of time for all of the planning. Especially if you want something simple, they will take care of everything for you.

Where are you planning to get married? Some countries require that you apply 3 months in advance for a license.

Other than that I definately think it is possible to plan for a March 07 wedding. And the simplier you keep it the easier it will be (which means, the less you do to upgrade your package the less hassles you will have).

Archived