Just booked Freedon honeymoon cruise some ???'s

bellaluv

Hey I just booked my Freedom Honeymoon criuse for Dec. 9th sailing in D2 Cabin 9562 and we are so excited. The travel agent mentioned to me that she told RCI that it was for our honeymoon. Are their any perks associated with that?? Also, has anyone else stayed in that cabin?Thanks!!:)

Hiya!

I can't answer your questions in any official capacity, however, I wanted to congratulate you on your up-coming wedding, and to share with you than my fiance and I will be taking our Honeymoon Cruise (1st cruise for both of us) on Freedom on the 11th November, staying in D1 9222.

The UK RC brochure states that the following perks are included in the honeymoon package: 'classic romance package':

Welcome aboard champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

Choice of Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast on the first morning in your stateroom.

Pre-dinner canapes on the first formal evening

Petit fours or chocolate truffles in your stateroom on the first formal evening

Formal portrait photograph in an engraved frame.

It also says "documented proof of intent to marry will be required. Please fax to 01932 820286, no later than 10 days prior to sailing date. The honeymoon must occur within 6 weeks of the wedding ceremony"

Obviously, you'll have to check with RCCL or your TA what the number is that you need to contact in order to prove your marriage.

Also - if there's anyone reading this that's stayed in cabin 9222, can they let me know, as I'm also filled with excitement and intrique as to what we can expect!!

Thanks, and best of luck to you!

Lizzi xx

Looking at my current trip document pack (oh yea...I'm doing the doc dance!!) -- the Classic Romance Package listed above has a cost of $98.95 per couple -- so don't assume that RCI is giving it away.

Have a great trip -- the cruise will be a great way to celebrate your marriage!

I should also have mentioned that the UK brochure calls this "the complimentary Classic Romance Package for Honeymooners" and refers to "the gift" not being in staterooms if you don't send in the intent to marry information within the time frame.

As it is, I would still recommend checking with your TA, as I will be doing myself. Though in fairness, I'll not be too disappointed if it's not there, as the meer fact I'll be on a cruise in the caribbean with my wonderful husband is going to far outweigh the importance of some champagne and chocolates!!

Lizzi xx

Archived