Grand Turk Inn

Crusing Bob

Here is the email address for the Grand Turk

Inn. I've also included a copy of the information I recieved when inquiring about using thier facilities for the day. The person I corresponded with was lovely. Unfortunately, I found out a little later that children are not allowed at the Inn so since I will be traveling with my children we will not be going to the Inn. (Maybe next time!)

grandturkinn@tciway.tc

Good afternoon Deb,

Thank you for your e-mail. The cost per person is US$40 plus 10% Government

tax. We offer access to the living area of a suite to leave belongings etc

while you are at the beach. Beach floats, snorkel gear. Lunch served in

our shady Breezeway area - club sandwiches, salads, dessert pies, bottled

water.

There is a lovely white sand beach across the street from the Inn. We are

located "downtown" and easy walking distance to historical buildings etc.

We also offer a relaxed, friendly atmosphere - my sister and I own the Inn

and personally serve our guests.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Happy New Year,

Sandy Erb

<grandturkinn@tciway.tc>

Unfortunately, I found out a little later that children are not allowed at the Inn so since I will be traveling with my children we will not be going to the Inn. (Maybe next time!)

grandturkinn@tciway.tc

Well drats! We are traveling with our lovely well behaved 9 year old! I love staying at an upscale little place for the day on a small island. Guess we'll do Gibbs Cay or the semi sub trip.

Someone posted interesting info re the Grand Turk Inn and I don't seem to be able to find it now. I am trying to also find the e-mail address for the two sisters that own the Inn so if anyone has the info, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Bob

they were quick to respond...we are looking for a quiet day together since we are traveling with family and will need some "aone-time"...have booked our day at the Inn. sail in April. I asked a number of additional questions, and will post their responses when I hear.

You know, this place really looks nice. What I really liked about GT was that it's really unspoiled. I would imagine this is what Grand Cayman looked like a long time ago...prior to all the big hotels and all the cruise ships.

On our cruise, we spent a day in a cabana on HMC. Hubby said he could do something like that every day, and it looks like this place would be a nice place to do just that. Not a lot of people and it's a great location.

Does anyone know if you do a land vacation on the island are you able to visit the complex (Margaritaville) if you aren't on a cruise? I remember when we returned from our day out, there was a guard who checked ID.

• 2 weeks later...
they were quick to respond...we are looking for a quiet day together since we are traveling with family and will need some "aone-time"...have booked our day at the Inn. sail in April. I asked a number of additional questions, and will post their responses when I hear.

have booked for our day at Grand Turk. Discovered that the women (two Sisters) who run the Inn are from our area in Virginia! In fact, the one owner's daughter is an attorney here! Will post a full review after our visit...but they were so nice on the phone and e-mail...that I can't believe they would be anything different in person. They have a great rating for service delivery...and have been in the business long enough to know how to achieve high quality ratings. I will be surprised if our stay isn't a 10+.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
have booked for our day at Grand Turk. Discovered that the women (two Sisters) who run the Inn are from our area in Virginia! In fact, the one owner's daughter is an attorney here! Will post a full review after our visit...but they were so nice on the phone and e-mail...that I can't believe they would be anything different in person. They have a great rating for service delivery...and have been in the business long enough to know how to achieve high quality ratings. I will be surprised if our stay isn't a 10+.

Never saw a report on this visit, and am wondering about it as now there is no mention of day visits on the website. Does anyone know whether this has been discontinued or is it still handled individually if one emails the owners.

• 4 weeks later...

I was delighted to see all of the posting about the Grand Turk Inn,,,I just got off the Crown last Friday out of New York. I brought a number of cruisers to the Inn with me. Because of the pory hours on this ship(1-6), we made arrangements with Sandy for an afternoon to include a wonderful dessert buffet rather than lunch. Delightfully we were served keylime pie(Sandy's speciality), homemade crepes with a hot fudge sauce, an apple dessert as well as an array of special cookies. This was my 4th trip to the Inn via ship and I will be returning with another group of guests in August. This is a very special experience which has become the highlight of our cruises. Actually, if truth be known, we book our cruises making sure that they include the Inn. If anyone has specific questions, please feel free to contact me at cottagequilter@msn.com and I would be happy to be of assistance. If you are going on the 8/29 Crown, check out my posting on the Boards and I would be happy to have you join our group. Did you know that there are also hand knit scarfs trimmed in the tinest seashells available for purchase as well at the Inn?:rolleyes:

Just got off the phone with Sandy - we're booked for the afternoon of July 20th. Oh she's so nice!!

Donna: Sandy says you and Bob are part of her family by now and she said to say hi to you.

I can't think of a nicer way to spend the afternoon and I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :D :D :D :D

cottagequilter-boy, the idea of the dessert buffet was a great thing to do. Key Lime pie is my favorite so I hope Sandy will have that for our lunch when we are there in October. Maybe I will just drop her a hint. Melinda and I are really looking forward to our relaxing visit there.

• 3 weeks later...

you can't go wrong...it was a perfect day. We'll purposely book another cruise to Grand Turk just to be able to share the day at the Inn! The patio is so Heavenly and the beach so private! And for those who like wine with a wonderful lunch, don't be shy about taking it along. We did, and it was no problem.

Cass

The living area- is it just something we walk through and put are belongs down or can we use it to take a break from the heat. Like go to the beach for a hour and half take a break in the living area, and then go back to the beach? Hope this doesnt sound to push or something just want to know how we can use it, my husband gets sick from the heat but loves the beach thought this Inn might be a great thing to do, nice beach, nice people, and good lunch. Oh and can someone till me how much is the taxi from port to the inn cost. And what restrooms do we use? lol:p

The response I just received, seems to answer some of your questions, although not about the taxi fare. I highlighted two specifics you asked about. Sounds great, doesn't it?

For US$40 per person plus 10% tax we offer the following - access to the living room of a suite to leave your belongings while at the beach or to sit and relax. Outdoor rinse off shower, separate toilet facilities.

There is a small white sand beach across the street from the Inn and we provide beach mats, floats, snorkel gear and fins.

Lunch is served (at your desired time) in our shady Breezeway area - eg: club sandwiches, cole slaw, potato salad, dessert key lime pie, bottled water and sodas.

We are about 2 1/2 miles from the cruise port and are "downtown" easy walking distance to historic buildings.

We also offer a relaxed, friendly atmosphere - my sister and I own the Inn and personally serve our guests.

We look forward to hearing from you,

And if you're not going to be there over the lunch period, they also offer a dessert offering for $20 pp. Two desserts I believe pp. I specifically requested key lime pie. Mmmmmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see that some of you are in contact with Sandy to spend the day at the Inn.:rolleyes: is a guaranteed memory...gather a group from the ship on your board and enjoy....I'm jealous thinking that you are all getting there before me....Donna If you need any info, contact me at cottagequilter@msn.com;)

Archived