Buenos Aires questions

lizbeth

:) Hi -

We are leaving for Buenos Aires in 22 days, and I am finding some conflicting information. If you can clarify, or answer some questions, I would really appreciate the help!

1. Money converter sites say the exchange rate for Argentina pesos is 3 peso = $1 US(or 30 peso = $10 US). Then I see that some posters say 1 peso = $1 US. Which is correct?

2. How much have you paid for a taxi from the EZE airport to your hotel? I see rates of $30 US. Is that pp or for the whole taxi full?

3. Where are the manicure/pedicure places that charge only $3 ??

4. How much have some of you paid for your leather coats/jackets in Buenos Aires? A general idea would be very helpful, especially now when all the stores here are having big sales on their leather jackets.

Thanks, and I'll be eagerly awaiting your replies!

Eager to be on our ship!;)

Liz

I can answer Questions 1 & 4:

1. Exchange rate: 3:1 (pesos:dollars)

2. Leather jackets/coats: Based on recommendations from many others on Cruise Critic, (and after stopping in at several other leather stores in BA),my wife & I each bought a custom-made leather jacket from Bettina Rizzi on Paraguay Street, just off Florida Street (a pedestrian mall). They were extremely gracious and professional. For my jacket, in addition to choosing the type of leather and color, I had them place the zipper on the right side (otherwise every jacket/coat has the zipper on the left, European style), and include a zip-out lining. The cost for our jackets was $250 each, including shipping.

Archived