Can you take the balcony partition out.....

carribeansol

We are sailing in two weeks on the Magica+. We have balconey rooms side by side with my parents. We want to make the balcony on large one. I know this is possinble on the medterriania (we did it). Does anyone know if this can be done on the Magica?

It is my understanding that they will be happy to detach it from the rail and it will then fold back to cover the glass door that doesn't open. You will then have only a single glass door (the one that opens to the balcony) on one of your cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would they close the balcony door when you sail. Is that what you are saying? We always have a big group with 10 room together and have always had them open at all times. We have never sailed Costa before. We have 10 rooms on Costa Magica in April, Iam sure it won't be a problem with keeeping the balcony doors open, unless there is something I don't know about

I was on the Magica last week and we had them open the partition. They opened it sometime during the first night and it remained that way all week. One of the cabins only had half of a window (we didn't mind). Also when the swells got a little rough we had to place the chairs to make sure the partition didn't bang all night against the window. It was still worth it for the much improved view and room. Another thing to remember is that the doors do not stay open so bring a bungee cord or a small rod (appr 10" to place in the channel (we ended up using a dinner knife) to keep the door open.

Have a great cruise!

Archived