horse back riding in belize

sakat7

Hey I would highly recommend Smugglers Run Plantation, it includes a guided ride and lunch. Check out the reviews on the board, they are all great. My husband claims that he felt like he was hanging out with old friends. Enjoy your trip:p

We just returned two weeks ago. We booked through Shoretrips.com a horseback adventure in Belize. Absloutely the best excursion we have ever been on. They met us at the port and we drove in a van about 45 minutes inland. From there you cross the river on a boat which is hand pulled by rope. The Bannana Bank Resort is beautiful. On our day it was pouring, but our guide Avery was more than happy to take us. As it turned out my wife and I were the only ones riding from the cruise ships. (Note we did pay extra in advance to guarntee we would ride if there were only two). We spent about an hour and half in the jungle, the orange groves and the Cedar tree groves. When we finished we were soaked, but happy. They gave us a cabana to dry off an change clothes before serving a hot lunch. Then we went on a boat ride up the river for 1/2 hour where we saw fruit bats, monkeys, wildrange horses and one huge iguana (glad he was in the top of the tree). Then it was back to the ship.

My wife and I's opinion is to stay away from the ships excursions which are often overloaded costly and rushed. Our guides were on time, courtious and friendly. I cannot say enought about ShorTrips and the Bannana Bank resort. Check out their web sights for more information.icon10.gif

Archived