Liquor Store near HolidayInn Express - Tampa

AZDCruiser

There is a small gas station one block to the left of the HI. I picked up my sodas there in Nov. They probably also had beer, but since I don't drink, I wasn't looking for wine, beer, etc. No liquor store or grocery store close that I was aware of.

A great restaurant (Sam's Steakhouse) is in the parking lot of HI.

Be sure to sign up for the shuttle to the pier as soon as you arrive....the early times go fast. They share their van with the Comfort Inn next door. The cost was $5.00pp in Nov.

Very good, free breakfast at the HI also. The building is about 1 year old. The area is safe and I enjoyed my 2 day pre-cruise stay.

Maybe this was more info than you wanted.:eek: Have a great cruise. Tampa is a nice port to sail out of! Deb C.

Through this board on another thread I discovered a store called Total Wine and More, 1720 N. Dale Mabry, not sure if it is near the Holiday Inn Express.

They have a great website and look to have anything you could possibly need in wine and spirits, great prices too. You can pre-order up to 10 days prior and they will have it boxed and ready, just pick up at the front check out.

We are flying in from CA and sailing on the Legend in May, staying at the Marriott Waterside pre-cruise and plan to have our taxi driver stop by to pick up our order on the way to the hotel.

Thanks for all the great info posted here, this site is awesome!!:)

You can find anything you want on Dale Mabry;) . If the HI is in the same parking lot as Sam Selzer's, which I highly reccommend, there was a Pac N Save a couple of blocks south on the opposite side of the street. Same side as the stadium. Further down is the strip clubs. I think it is a given that if you have strip clubs, you should have liquor stores. Wal-mart is just a little further south right by I275. Keep traveling south a couple of miles and you will come to Westshore Mall. Palm Restaurant, Maggiano's, etc. I think Sak's too.

International Plaza is real close to the hotel area. Nice upscale mall, Cheesecake Factory, Nordstrom's,Dilliards, etc.

If you're looking for a couple of bottles of wine to bring onboard & plan to just put them in your carryon, there is a good wine store right in the Channelside entertainment complex (where the pier is located). Very good selection & prices are reasonable.

• 1 month later...

I agree with the pp about Total Wine. It's about 2 miles south of the hotel. There is also a Wal-Mart, Target, and Wild Oats store. There is also (I believe) an ABC liquor store about 1/4 mile north of the Total Wine. If you have lots of time International Mall (Nordstroms, etc) and Westshore mall (Old navy, etc) is also about 2 miles away off of Columbus (southwest of the hotel).

The Total Wine store is in the same center as a Target if you need any last minute items. Walmart is across the street. Too far to walk from the HIE, but if the shuttle guy wont drop you off, its only a 5 min cab ride and shouldnt be too much.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Archived