Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Hi,

Looking at the Vista Suite D739, Diamond Princess - any good or bad thoughts??

This will be our very first Suite and really looking forward to it.

If anyone should have any photos that would also be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Vicki.

I get motion sickness easily too. Someone said to start taking the bonine and ginger two nights before you cruise. I'm going to try this next time, as I got really sick last cruise for 2 days. I'm also bringing the patch, just in case.... Middle usually is best, and low, from what I have heard. Given a choice, I'd much rather be more forward, than more back (aft). Luckily we are smack in the middle for our dream cruise, but higher deck 6, but I prefer to stay mid or higher floor than lower. Good luck.

If you take the bonine one to two hours before the ship leaves port, the first day, and continue doing that every 24 hours, and you will not get seasick on the cruise. Don't wait until you are feeling ill to take it because it won't work well.

On only one cruise out of 33 did we have to take a 2nd pill the same day and that was in north atlantic in very rough seas. We stayed in cabin but didn't get seasick. We just fell asleep from taking 2 pills.

When we take one pill a day, we are not tired in day, but boy do we sleep well at night.

Hope this helps.;)

Would appreciate any info about this cabin. Has anyone stayed in this one, 7336 on the Triumph? MY two daughters and I have this cabin booked for Dec. 16, 2010. Thanks for any help.

7336 only sleeps 2 people-- so the third person will need a roll away.

I would call and request a cabin with a convertible sofa.

The roll away takes up precious floor space. With females you are going to need that space.

When speaking to an agent have the deck plans opened.

The empress is the best deck since it is sandwhiched between cabin space and away from public areas. You want to be looking at a cabin that lists a symbol inside the cabin number for the number of beds that are needed

Thanks Serene56, I just emailed my TA. I did mentioned this to her when she gave me that cabin number. She said they would not give me a room for 2 if there were 3 people. Doesn't it have a couch in it? ON one of my other cruises there were 3 in the room that did have a bed that pulled out from the wall over the couch. I choose to sleep on the couch. It was very comfortable from what I remember. I am certainly going to check this out.

Thanks Serene56, I just emailed my TA. I did mentioned this to her when she gave me that cabin number. She said they would not give me a room for 2 if there were 3 people. Doesn't it have a couch in it? ON one of my other cruises there were 3 in the room that did have a bed that pulled out from the wall over the couch. I choose to sleep on the couch. It was very comfortable from what I remember. I am certainly going to check this out.

for shame on your agent= they should know this ship allows for rollaways.

Yes, ships do have sofas but yours is NOT the convertible kind and its more of a loveseat deal.

This class and older ships are grandfathered in with the allowance of a rollaway.

Hope someone can help?

We've sailed RoS before, but not on the higher decks.

8058 is virtually under a whirlpool in the Solarium and I wondered if there is much noise? Looks good for no bars, dining rooms, pool deck, etc above or below,. just walkway above the balcony, I guess?

Looks good for distance to and from the elevators (noise and walking) etc and is not too far back.

Will there be much movement?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just upgraded to a 2 family suite on the Jade, under the pool area, and am wondering if I made a major mistake. :cool:

We are 3 ladies and I thought the perks and separate sleeping areas and 2 bathrooms would be a big plus. But does the noise above continue after 11 pm.

Thank you for your help.

Marilyn

hi, okay we are 1st time cruiser's and our room is 2658 deck 2? and our ship is voyager of the seas and we will leave 11/28 - 12/5. so please tell me any info about our room????

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/cabins/aftbalconies/93909690/gallery/_gallery.html

try this we site, you can look up your room. I looked at your room location, and you are the last cabin in the rear of the ship for passengers.

Edited by Fisherlady48

Just got off the ship, this would be a wonderful cabin but there was a bad smell of sewage from the moment we walked in the cabin. Don't know if is smell that permeates the aft end of main deck - noticed the people next to us kept their door propped open a lot.

The mattress on the left hand side was old, sagging in the middle and smelled like poo. I told the cabin steward they needed to burn that mattress and put a new one in. By the next day it still had not been changed despite several calls / complaints to the front desk and the steward. The cabin may be better if and when that mattress gets changed but it could also be that aft main is prone to sewage smells.

(I finally spoke to the director of Guest Relations after not getting any follow through on changing the mattress - she put us in a whole new cabin since she said she was not sure changing the mattress would solve the problem.)

No problem with noise or vibration.

Edited by tink360

This seems an odd location, I wonder if anyone has been in this one?

I am worried that there will be a noise issue from activity out and around the pool area. also, with Carnival, are the ship cabins the same on each class. Thanks for any advice

~Debbie

I am worried that there will be a noise issue from activity out and around the pool area. also, with Carnival, are the ship cabins the same on each class. Thanks for any advice

~Debbie

On the Conquest the balcony cabin on the 6th deck was exactly the same as the more expensive one on the Lido.

The 6th deck one, 6363, was directly over a band on the deck below. The floor vibrated and we could hear every note/syllable of the singer. They moved us. The insult was when one of Carnival's people said our problem was the fault of our travel agent.

elizabeth