Carnival Glory gangway

canuk05

We were docked beside the Carnival Glory in St Maarten. We were on the Caribbean Princess. I was watching people get on and off the Glory and noticed their gangway was VERY narrow. I waited for someone in a wheelchair to get on the ship. The people I saw had to get out of their wheelchairs and walk up the gangway, and carnival folded the chair and brought it up for them. My DH is a quad in a manual chair which need 30 inch clearance and this gangway could not accomadate him. Has anyone been on the Glory or other Carnival ships that is confined to a wheelchair? Can you get off on the islands?

My hubby is in a wheelchair and we sailed on the fantasy... from what I remember they got his chair off the ship for him .... luckily he can walk short distances, but from what I understand they will lift you off the ship manually and get you back in your chair if need be....

We were on the Glory last November (Western Caribbean). DH is also a quad. I don't recall any problems with the gangplank, other than it being a bit bumpy. He definitely needed help from crew to go down and back up, but width was not a problem (standard size manual wheelchair)

Archived