Costa Mediterrenea Cat 11 Cabin?

memixer

Has anyone ever stayed in the Cat 11 Cabins (its a balcony cabin that is just a little larger) behind the elevators on deck 8. There are two on that deck and we will be in 8237. Has anyone experienced any noise since that is right behind the elevator shaft? Thanks for any info.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone ever stayed in the Cat 11 Cabins (its a balcony cabin that is just a little larger) behind the elevators on deck 8. There are two on that deck and we will be in 8237. Has anyone experienced any noise since that is right behind the elevator shaft? Thanks for any info.

I posted this accidently 3 times and didn't know how to remove my other postings.. sorry for that. But I wanted to tell you all the cruise was Great. The food not wondeful but good, if you like pastas. The desserts were not great in the normal dining room except for the Gellatio. The only good desserts were at the large midnight ice/carving and buffet, but who wants to eat all that at midnight?

The cabin was great on deck 8, by the elevator.. no noise except the click of heels above in the kitchen area and that was only when we were on the balcony and only short periods of time. We had so much room and the location was only 1 floor down from the buffet and all the time coffee,tea,and the back deck pool. You only had to go outside your room to get to the elevator and go down to deck 2 for the dining room. THe staff was WONDERFUL(I mean the cabin staff and the waiter staff). Hardly saw the cruise director because we weren't interested in any shore excursions.

We had only about 600 Europeans so the mix was great.

There was a country music cruise at the same time on our ship but I still got to see and get autographs from older country music performers..Mel TIllis, Suzy Boggas, Colin Raye and the Bellamy Brothers. That was exciting and un-expected but we of course couldn't see the shows due to folks having paid specifically for that part of the cruise.

I would do Costa again.. I thought the other buffet (not the 24X7 Pizza hall) but the other buffets with more variety should have stayed open longer than 2:15pm.

If you missed your seated meal that was it. unless you happen to eat on shore or get something from the buffet, otherwise it was Foccia, pizza and salad, tea, water, coffee and ice cream. That was it.

The Carribean night was nice and the midnight fruit buffet was GREAT becaue you could eat an it was light.. not heavy at that time of night.

I think for the price I got the balcony for it was an excellant bargain.

If you don't like Italian or Pasta, it might not be for you, HOWEVER they had vegatarian menus and alternative menus for Diabetics.

We were just on the mediterranea in 8235. It was THE BEST CABIN we have ever had. No noise whatsoever that we heard.

Hey then you were on last weeks sailing with us but just on the other side of us. It was a HUGE cabin and very good location. I felt lucky to get it on a last minute deal.

Archived