Itineray Change Jewel 4/8/07

SandraW

We got our edocs today and it seems that the itanary for the cruise with Jewel on Easter Sunday will be changed. They put Samana instead of GSC on the itanary. Had somebody heard something about the reason?

Bye,

Sandra

I'm leaving on the Dawn 4/12. We are scheduled to be at GSC on 4/14. The Jewel is also scheduled to be there on 4/14. I guessed that our itinerary would be changed, not yours. I'll be curious to see if NCL posts this change anywhere on their website. I hope your not too disappointed about the change. I was trying to guess where we'd go if we got bumped from GSC and that was one place I'm really interested in seeing.

I actually found out about the itinerary change in my latitudes magazine. Next to the April 8th sailing date there was an *. When I looked to see what this signified it said Samana DR was replacing GSC.. I called my TA and she said it shows Samana for 4/13 (from 9a.m.-5p.m I think). I read the only Samana review at the ports-of-call board and it doesn't sound encouraging. I posted a thread asking for good reviews of Samana and as of last night, I hadn't heard from anyone!:eek: I'm not too worried though, even if we stay on the ship, it's still paradise!

Shelly

I actually found out about the itinerary change in my latitudes magazine. Next to the April 8th sailing date there was an *. When I looked to see what this signified it said Samana DR was replacing GSC.. I called my TA and she said it shows Samana for 4/13 (from 9a.m.-5p.m I think). I read the only Samana review at the ports-of-call board and it doesn't sound encouraging. I posted a thread asking for good reviews of Samana and as of last night, I hadn't heard from anyone!:eek: I'm not too worried though, even if we stay on the ship, it's still paradise!

Shelly

Hi Shelly,

I don´t know what to think about Samana instead of GSC. I read the review too today in the morning and I´m not really happy. But I read a few things about Samana in a German forum and these things are positive. Some folks said that Samana is the best part of DomRep. I try to find out more about possible things to do in Samana.

Bye,

Sandra

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline offers the cruise with the changed itinerary. And they replaced GSC with Cayo Levantado, not with Samana.

Does anybody knows if NCL rents the public beach on Cayo Levantado if they stop there instead of stopping at GSC?

Bye,

Sandra

Sandra,

I didn't see anything listing Cayo Levantado as our stop, but if that's the case, maybe it won't be so bad. Of everything I have read, Cayo L seems to be the only positive. We're planning on spending the day there anyway! I posted earlier that my TA told me April 13th. On the NCL site, it says Thursday which would be the 12th with Friday as another sea day. We will make the most of it and have a good time no matter what. I can't wait to leave!:D

Shelly

• 1 month later...

Okay, I think I have read this before, but I searched for a while and didn't get the specific answer I need. Since our itinerary has changed, all the paperwork that came with my docs still list GSC as one of the possibilities for shore exc. I went to NCL's website and it also lists GSC. So, how do I book an excursion for Samana when it doesn't even come up as a stop? I guess I could wait until we board, but because this seems like the only thing anyone is recommending to do, I'm worried it could fill up.

Thanks,

Shelly

Okay, I think I have read this before, but I searched for a while and didn't get the specific answer I need. Since our itinerary has changed, all the paperwork that came with my docs still list GSC as one of the possibilities for shore exc. I went to NCL's website and it also lists GSC. So, how do I book an excursion for Samana when it doesn't even come up as a stop? I guess I could wait until we board, but because this seems like the only thing anyone is recommending to do, I'm worried it could fill up.

Thanks,

Shelly

I'd call the shore excursion number and speak to someone directly. I'd ask them if they have a list of the shore excusions for your particular cruise. Then I'd ask them if they know what will happen if the 4/12 sailing of the Dawn has an itinerary change will you still go to Samana or will you get the private island????

Thanks,

Shelly

You can book the excursion for Samana online on the NCL page since last week. The Samana exursions are with the excursions for the other ports of call at the online booking page.

Go to NCL. com, then click on "Shore Excursions" and then on the small Button "Continue" on the right side. There is a new window where you can log in with your reservation number and name. If you login you see a bookingpage where you can choose all possible excursions for your booked cruise, including the Samana excursions.

Bye,

Sandra

Last year, we also had a change from GSC to Samana. We didn't book an excursion and simply walked around the "town". I would not recommend it. There were many beggars (many of which were small children) and many people following you and asking to take you to the other side of the island. I know that to some extent, that happens at many other stops, but this was relentless. Now in all defense of the area, it was last year and not many cruise ships had stopped there before, so perhaps it's better now. In any case, I think an excursion thru the cruise line is worth looking in to.

I booked through the website also. Hopefully we won't get shut out by a Costa cruise. Any way to tell if a Costa ship will be using Cayo Levantado on that day?

I hope so too. But there are no stops in Samana for Costa at CruiseCal and on the website of Costa. So I think we could go to CL....:D

Bye,

Sandra

Archived