Curacao Sea Aquarium

Randyxl

We will be visiting this lovely island in early March while on the Adventure and would like to go to the Sea Aquarium for the day. After reviewing the website and looking at many of the board messges, it seems confusing on what they have to offer and what we have time to do.

Can someone summarize this aquarium and the different packages available along with your recommendations for the day? My wife and I do not scuba dive but would consider "swimming with the animals" by snorkeling. Also, what are the prices for all the packages available and should we buy through the cruise or directly from them?

Thanks much

Randyxl

We were on AOS last week and went to the sea aquarium. We just bought our tickets when we got to the ticket window, but we didn't do any of the swimming with dolphins, etc. I would buy them (swimming with the fishes) direct from the aquarium, since they are pricey, and it gives you flexibility if you don't feel like doing it that day after all.. I had visited their website prior to arrival, it will give you the prices. For the four of us (2 adults, and 2 kids), the admission price was $42-45. The place is not fancy or high tech (like many aquariums in the US), but they give talks and feeding shows, and it was interesting and the staff was knowledgeable and polite. We went to the restaurant next door (called Oceans, I think) and had a great lunch. Then we used the beaches there, and rented snorking equipment. There didn't seem to be a charge for the beach, and I didn't ask! But I couldn't find a towel anywhere so bring your own from the ship. Unless you want to pay $30 in the gift shop! Have fun!:)

We were on AOS last week and went to the sea aquarium. We just bought our tickets when we got to the ticket window, but we didn't do any of the swimming with dolphins, etc. I would buy them (swimming with the fishes) direct from the aquarium, since they are pricey, and it gives you flexibility if you don't feel like doing it that day after all.. I had visited their website prior to arrival, it will give you the prices. For the four of us (2 adults, and 2 kids), the admission price was $42-45. The place is not fancy or high tech (like many aquariums in the US), but they give talks and feeding shows, and it was interesting and the staff was knowledgeable and polite. We went to the restaurant next door (called Oceans, I think) and had a great lunch. Then we used the beaches there, and rented snorking equipment. There didn't seem to be a charge for the beach, and I didn't ask! But I couldn't find a towel anywhere so bring your own from the ship. Unless you want to pay $30 in the gift shop! Have fun

Archived