Recent Grand cruisers-formal nights???

cruisinlawn

We went Jan 13-20th. in Belize we did an excursion through the ship, can't remember the exact name....did tour of the old governor's mansion then got on a small boat that was covered and went up a river through the mangrove tree tunnel, lasted about 4 hours and I think it was about $49 per person. We felt it was worth the money and the time spent. Didn't want to venture out on our own in Belize as we had heard some scary stories. At the end of the tour they return you to the tender dock where there are numerous shops and restaurants. It was a nice day.

We went Jan 13-20th. in Belize we did an excursion through the ship, can't remember the exact name....did tour of the old governor's mansion then got on a small boat that was covered and went up a river through the mangrove tree tunnel, lasted about 4 hours and I think it was about $49 per person. We felt it was worth the money and the time spent. Didn't want to venture out on our own in Belize as we had heard some scary stories. At the end of the tour they return you to the tender dock where there are numerous shops and restaurants. It was a nice day.

yep, we're thinking along the same lines, also looking at same or similar excursion. We were in Belize in '02 and remember everything being far from port, of course with the exception of pier area.

Thanks again.

Thanks Wine....thought I had the second one pegged thinking it would be Thursday(Coz). I was wrong.

If you previously went, what did you do in Belize? Still up in the air, we're set for the other ports. Thanks again.

The staff on the ship decided to try having the formal night on Wednesday instead of Thursday when they started this cruise season out of Galveston. They seemed to think that fewer people participate after Cozumel, possibly because Cozumel itself encourages over-participation on shore. :)

I did a tour to the ruins at Xunantunich in Belize. It's about a 2 hour drive from Belize City but well worth it. It's a magnificent site and has the second-highest pyramid in Belize. You are permitted to climb to the top if you wish. We also had lunch at a very nice hotel in San Ignacio.

Archived