Handicap Accessable Cabins?

IMCSICK

We waited too long and the only outside cabin we could get on POH (4/2) was a "G" cat. (Obstructed view). Upon having the cabin assigned (could not do GTY as we are a party of 4), we also found out it was a H.A. cabin. What should I know about this cabin? Will I be standing in a flooded bathroom due to the roll-in shower? I know it's my own fault for waiting to book, but want to be prepared in case there is anything about the cabin that might take some getting used to. :) Thanks!

Yes you will. So there were no other cabins on the ship? this is early for them to be handing out HC cabins to the general public. But that is a long and contentious discussion. The size of the cabin more than makes up for a wet floor. also most the regular cabins don't stay much dryer on a moving ship.

I am however surprised as they don't usually have HC cabins that accomodate 4 people, usually 3 is the limit.

If you take the proper precautions when showering, you will not have a flood. Be sure to ask for extra towels when you board and almost make like a little wall around the shower. It also depends on the movement on the ship. If you are in port, you should not need to worry. Its when the ship is underway and rocking and whatnot that you need to worry about. Have a great cruise!

Thank you for your replies. Apparently the cabin we were assigned was the last remaining oceanview quad that was unsold. At least there are no extended days at sea on this itinerary, so hopefully we will be able to seize control of the "lipless" shower! Plus, we really don't plan on spending any more time in the cabin than we have to...four people may be a little too close for comfort. :eek:

On the upside...most hc cabins are a LOT bigger. I have found this to be true. Sometimes, they save these as needed for hc persons (by law)...but these are not sought after cabins. We have had all types of cabins...and the roll-in shower could be a little messy...but still is so spacious.

Shoreguy...thanks for the "visual". Flooding is my biggest fear as I have a teenage daughter that takes way too long in the shower. I have threatened to install a timer with an automatic shut-off in her shower at home! :D

Archived