Soo...what were they like???

kruze4fun

We have been very fortunate to be able to cruise as much as we have since we discovered the cruising experience.

We never got to sail on the ships like Majesty and Sovereign when they were in their glory doing 7 night cruises. My question is, I know now that they are older now- the cruising experience just isn't the same on an old ship like Majesty as it is on a new one like the Voyagers, but what were the Sovereign and Vision classes like when they were new? Have they gone downhill since they have gotten older, or are they the same, but the new ones just make it seem like they are not as good?

Just curious. Thank you.

We actually prefer the Vision class ships. Less walking around, less crowds, less confusion. More personal service from the crew. We enjoy all the different class ships for different reasons. Majesty should be good as new once it comes out of refurbishment. Looking forward to seeing it.

Most of my cruises have been on the Vision class ships and I love them! I know I'm in the minority, but I truly didn't like the Freedom-class and am much happier on something like the Enchantment which is an enhanced Vision-class, without the mile hike and mob-scene experience we had on the Freedom. To each his own...

In my opinion, the biggest change has been in the use of the ships (including the Monarch here on the west coast) for 3 and 4 night cruises. While they have a loyal following, they have become party boats, particularly the 3night weekend cruises. On such short cruises, you never seem to get the true "cruise experience". RCCL has maintained these older ships well, but they do get rough treatment with the constant turnover of party animals, so they do show wear in places.:) :)

In my opinion, the biggest change has been in the use of the ships (including the Monarch here on the west coast) for 3 and 4 night cruises. While they have a loyal following, they have become party boats, particularly the 3night weekend cruises. On such short cruises, you never seem to get the true "cruise experience". RCCL has maintained these older ships well, but they do get rough treatment with the constant turnover of party animals, so they do show wear in places.:) :)

Thats exactly why I hate to see such a great ship like Navigator start doing short cruises.

Archived