Taking the kids

freewilly

Well it's Disney. Their whole sales pitch is based upon families and having the best "kids clubs" around.

Didn't mention the ages of your kids, but if they are older teens then they won't see much difference between cruise lines. I mean having Goofy come up and visit you on deck is a treat for a younger child.

Of course any show is Disney themed which holds more interest for kids and the shows are really great. On other cruise lines you really don't see kids at their big shows.

Either way you can't go wrong with Disney and kids. Though you do pay more. Did one cruise with my teens and we are now done (7 night$$$).

Now all future cruises are just the wife and I :)

My DW and I did Disney w/o kids our first cruise. I was expecting Disney World, but on a ship. It is definately not. It is a more subdued classy, almost retro/titanic like elegance. I expected to be overloaded with MIckey this and Goofy that. Not so, it was less about the characters, and more about the cruising experience.

I also saw very few rugrats, and almost every kid was exceptionally well behaved.

I have since been on a few Carnival and a few Royal Carib cruises. Carnival was very "loose" and spring break like for the 25-45 crowd. Royal Carib is more relaxing and a little less party atmosphere. I have no problems with the party type cruises, just not my style, I'm a watcher. I also think it depends on when and what level ship you go on too. Disney is definately fun, and I'm happy we're going back next winter.

Archived