Century cabin 1247

sevigny

I am new to the Celebrity boards, and I would appreciate any info anyone can give me on the newly re-done Century. Has anyone stayed or been in sky suite cabin 1247 on the sports deck? Is it quiet? Is the verandah covered or uncovered? Is there still a thalosotherapy pool in the spa, or was it done away with during the renovation? If it's still there, is it free? Also, are the sky suites on the penthouse deck the same size? Do they have the larger verandah? I have spoken with my agent and Celebrity, and gotten several different answers, so I am hoping that someone who has actually been on board can give me the real stuff. We are hoping to travel on the Century on July 9th to the Arctic Circle. Also, would you travel on Century again? I would love to hear all opinions. Thanks!

I have not stayed in this suite -- but I originally booked it for a cruise I am taking later this month. I asked about it on several boards and could never find anyone who had stayed in it. But I did correspond with a woman who had stayed a few doors down and she mentioned that this suite is right next to the Sunset Bar and there is usually live music there most days. She said I might be able to hear that from my veranda -- so if you like that sort of thing, that will be a plus for you. I also saw a picture of the outside of the ship from the port side and saw that there is a staircase going to the upper deck right next to the veranda. If they leaned over far enough, people using stairs could look onto your veranda. When I saw that, I changed my room. That's about all I know.

1247 is one of the newly added Sky Suites. I can't tell you exactly how it would differ from the existing ones. But I can tell you that last week I had friends in 1211 and 1055 and they were just about identical. The balcony's are partially under an overhang and partially open. Both balconies were close to 12x12 so approximately 140 sq ft. Both balconies had 2 loungers, and a dining size table with 2 chairs, although 1211 also had a small table between the 2 loungers.

The T-Pool was removed during the renovation.

Archived