Ryndam cabin locations/dining room

Fredr

Hello,

While technically we have been on an HAL cruise (does anyone remember when HAL chartered the Tropicale to replace the first Prisendam that was lost in the Gulf of Alaska about 1982?) after 15 cruises mostly with Celebrity, we are on the Rydam's 3/23/07 cruise to Mexico.

Could someone please tell me if the partially obstructed outside cabins on the lower promenade deck are a problem, such as having a lifeboat blocking your view.

Secondly, does anyone have an opinion as to the nicer table locations in the Ryndam's main dining room.

Thanks,

Fred

I don't know what your "partial obstruction" is, but do know that it is not a lifeboat. On the S- and R-class ships the lifeboats are held up above the Lower Promenade Deck. When you walk along that deck you walk under the boats.

I suspect the obstruction may be an outside staircase, or possibly part of the supporting superstructure.

In any case, you are steps away from the largest veranda on the ship! :) And you have quick access to/from lifeboat drill. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Archived