Afternoon high tea on Noordam

tssace

I'm wondering if anyone knows where and when afternoon high tea is served aboard the Noordam? I understand it is a daily occurence - is this correct? Thanks!! (seems most of the day revolves around food when cruising =)

As tssace said, "Dutch" High tea is served in the main dining room. It's often done buffet style, except for the tea which is done at table. Unfortunately, the water seldom is hot enough. There is a full assortment of pastries. If I recall correctly, a waiter circulates with pastry and scone refills.

The bad news is it's not a daily event. "Dutch" High Tea usually occurs only once or twice during a cruise.

The good news is that tea is served daily in the Explorer's Lounge on R and S class. I don't recall the name of the venue on Vista, but it is your duty to find it and partake, especially of the scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam - Drool. Oh yeah, and the tea water is always hot.

Actually, it should be called the Royal Dutch Tea as the Dutch have no concept of "high tea," a lower class English meal of the bangers & mash sort....

I'd be thrilled if they served bangers & mash in the afternoon :) !

Archived