Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

Gained 16 lbs!!!!!!:eek::mad::(:banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Michelle ~ wow, a 10-day cruise, it's hard not to. Get back on that horse! It's so easy for me when I've gained to throw in the towel, especially with the holidays here. You can do it! Some of that is pure water weight, too, & will come right off, especially if you eat clean.

So how was the cruise?? :)

The cruise was awesome! And I am hoping to be able to get my head right back in the game but as we all know that is the hardest part.

So far so good it is 10:48 and I am still on track lol!

Way to "get back on the horse"!!! :) Are you still on track? How's it going? I have lost 20 lbs since the end of September. :D Not really fast, but at least it's the right direction!!! I hope your cruise was great! Let's keep in touch - the holidays make "lifestyle changes" very difficult!!!

You are doing amazing...an avg of 10 a month is very impressive!

Unfortunately, I am not doing very well. I have decided not to beat myself up over it but rather take the rest of this week and try again on Monday. I did it before do know I can do it again. :)

I have a vacation in Aruba in March so that will be the kick in the butt I need lol.

You are doing amazing...an avg of 10 a month is very impressive!

Unfortunately, I am not doing very well. I have decided not to beat myself up over it but rather take the rest of this week and try again on Monday. I did it before do know I can do it again. :)

I have a vacation in Aruba in March so that will be the kick in the butt I need lol.

Everyone goes through periods where this kind of program just doesn't work. I think using this week to "get your head back into it" is a great idea!! Get everything ready and go for it again on Monday. No need to beat yourself up. Life is WAY too short!! We can only do the best we can do! I am so happy that you enjoyed your cruise! Good luck on Monday!!

Everyone goes through periods where this kind of program just doesn't work. I think using this week to "get your head back into it" is a great idea!! Get everything ready and go for it again on Monday. No need to beat yourself up. Life is WAY too short!! We can only do the best we can do! I am so happy that you enjoyed your cruise! Good luck on Monday!!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! And....I am baaaaack, down 3.1lbs so far :)

Be strong....you can do it! I was very weak as it was my anniversary and we were with our friends. I was good for the first couple days but then when one of the bartenders didn't have my cherry vodka I started drinking drinks with carbs and from there I said the heck with it. Lol....did I just blame a poor innocent bartender? :eek:

Thank you so much for the encouragement! And....I am baaaaack, down 3.1lbs so far :)

AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Nice thing about getting off track - you can always get back on track!! :)

I'm down 22.5 overall so far. The holidays are going to be tough because we are going to Chicago for four days right after Christmas with the express purpose of going to various restaurants!! :eek: Oh well, that track will be waiting for me when I get back!! ;)

Be strong....you can do it! I was very weak as it was my anniversary and we were with our friends. I was good for the first couple days but then when one of the bartenders didn't have my cherry vodka I started drinking drinks with carbs and from there I said the heck with it. Lol....did I just blame a poor innocent bartender? :eek:

THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD AT MY DESK!!! :D Thanks for the giggle!!

I'm also on Atkins. Was 171 lbs on July 5th. Today 146 lbs.

11 lbs to go!!

Problem, though. On our last cruise - Splendor 11/9/13 - I ate myself out of my elegant night dress. Couldn't friggin' wear it on the 6th day! I boarded the ship @ 145 lbs. Came back 154 lbs. :eek:

On my next cruise - Splendor 1/20/14 - I MUST embark @ 135 lbs so I can eat and still fit in my dress!! lololol :D :D

ps - I'm 5'5"

11 lbs to go!!

Problem, though. On our last cruise - Splendor 11/9/13 - I ate myself out of my elegant night dress. Couldn't friggin' wear it on the 6th day! I boarded the ship @ 145 lbs. Came back 154 lbs. :eek:

On my next cruise - Splendor 1/20/14 - I MUST embark @ 135 lbs so I can eat and still fit in my dress!! lololol :D :D

ps - I'm 5'5"

Congrats on your success!! It's always a struggle. Good luck!!

You are doing awesome! Believe me I understand about fitting in your clothes by day six...the one thing about Atkins is it will come back quick if we go overboard. I love the you have a good solid plan going into the next cruise! :)

11 lbs to go!!

Awesome job!

ps - I'm 5'5"

I had to laugh at this. On our recent Sunshine cruise, I was worried about fitting into my dress after just 2 days of cruising, so I went and got that inch-reducing treatment at the spa before dinner. I did fit into my dress, but I think I would have anyway. The funny part was that at the end of my cruise my shorts were a little loose where I got the treatment done!

I gained 3 pounds, but lost it the week after I got home. I only used the stairs, and we were on deck 2. I ran around the track, swam in the ocean, did the ropes course, danced...and only cheated on things I really, really wanted--like warm chocolate melting cake!!

Ah, 135. I haven't seen you in 18 years. Will most likely never see you again. :p

I gained 3 pounds, but lost it the week after I got home. I only used the stairs, and we were on deck 2. I ran around the track, swam in the ocean, did the ropes course, danced...and only cheated on things I really, really wanted--like warm chocolate melting cake!!

Oh my goodness, I am exhausted just reading your post! :eek:

I always say I am going to only use the stairs but am never quite able to live up to that and I am usually on a middle deck. You are my hero being able to do it from deck 2 :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I started Atkins yesterday morning and I am finding I am craving some sweets. I have 19 weeks until my cruise and cannot go looking like I do. Hoping to have a good chunk off before then. Won't be at my goal but as long as I am alot smaller and firmer before I go so I can enjoy myself.

At the beginning when I would crave sweets I found that sugar free jello with a squirt of real whipped cream helped. The first three days are the hardest but you can do it! Keep us posted :)

Edited by chellebells

Thanks :) It is so funny because it isn't something you need but it is so addictive. I keep telling myself that to be thankful I have all my food option and to give up sugar is nothing compared to people who don't have anything too eat. Just can't wait to see it start to work.

Thanks :) It is so funny because it isn't something you need but it is so addictive. I keep telling myself that to be thankful I have all my food option and to give up sugar is nothing compared to people who don't have anything too eat. Just can't wait to see it start to work.

Hi there!

More and more studies are showing sugar to be as addictive as heroin. HEROIN! That's nuts!!

A few low-carb doctors I subscribe to recommend cold-turkey for the first few weeks on all sweets, including artificial sweeteners. Their reasoning is that you can change the way the brain thinks about sweetness. The cravings are super intense for a few days and then they just go away.

I haven't tried being that drastic yet, although after this holiday sugar hangover I may need to. I'm so sluggish after all this junk! My brain is immune to certain sweets--any non-chocolate candy is gross to me. Egg nog is too, although I used to love it. I think a certain level of sugar in a food turns me off now, although there are certain foods that I could eat so much of that it would surpass the pure-sugar foods easily. :p

Best wishes on your 19-week journey!

Okay everyone, now that the holiday's are over - it's time to get serious about Atkins and get ready for any and all upcoming cruises!!! It is -6 in St. Louis today with 10 inches of snow on the ground from yesterday :eek:. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to our end of April cruise!!!

I did okay over the holidays but now I am ready to really get serious. I hope to lose at least another 25 pounds (more would be AWESOME) by the time we leave on 4/26.

How did you guys do?

Terianne

Okay everyone, now that the holiday's are over - it's time to get serious about Atkins and get ready for any and all upcoming cruises!!! It is -6 in St. Louis today with 10 inches of snow on the ground from yesterday :eek:. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to our end of April cruise!!!

I did okay over the holidays but now I am ready to really get serious. I hope to lose at least another 25 pounds (more would be AWESOME) by the time we leave on 4/26.

How did you guys do?

Terianne

I am with you all the way! Here is to thinner and healthier us for our spring cruises.