carnival triumph room 7424

T-burg 19

this is our first cruise. We are celebrating our 25th wedding ann. We had heard that the engine noise might be loud at the back of the ship. Are the balconies nice on carnival triumph? Hope this room was a good choice! Any info will help

for me-- any aft is a good choice.

Engine noise-- never heard of it. You might experince a little vibration / shuddering when you are coming in and out of ports.

When we arrived back in home port very early - and they turn the thing off I felt that.. because its like a low hum.

When we left for the first time we heard that low hum and knew we were leaving finally.

Its a longer walk to the stairs/elevators but the halls are quiet as people on a ship tend not to go where they dont have to .

The aft balconies do not get ocean breezes like the side ones do but the views are amazing.

You dont have to worry about being on the wrong side of the ship when in port.

Sitting out on your balcony with your own private sailaway party while the island slips off in the distance-- and the sun setting--priceless.

thanks for the info getting excited now and more at ease that the cabin choice will be just fine. Have you ever rented a cabana at Half Moon Bay in the Bahamas?

T-burg, when is your sail date? Me & 2 other friends will also be doing an Aft balcony on the Triumph for the first time. We are in 7430 and we leave on May 19th.

We are also planning on doing a cabana at half moon cay. From what i've read it is expensive but well worth it if you are fair skinned like all of us are. I haven't found out the exact price of them yet but from the prices I have seen I am estimating around $140.00/US because I saw someone went in half with another couple and they each paid $70.

I found the following info on Cruise Critic under the "planning" section: Happy Cruising! ~ Rod :)

For Your Viewing Pleasure: When aft balconied staterooms first became available in the late 1990's, they were disdained by most for at least a year. And then, with the help of Cruise Critic's member boards and other communications outlets, cruisers discussed their experiences, and the aft balconied cabins became the most prized standard balconied cabins afloat. Why? Because they can make you feel as though you are at the end of the world, offering 180-degree views over the stern's wake. And, the balconies are almost always at least 50 percent bigger than standard balconies located along the sides of the ship. There are three drawbacks to this location, none of which serve to deter those who love these cabins. They are at the very back and therefore are far away from a lot of activities. Also, they are usually uncovered or only partially covered. Finally, they are almost always "stepped out," allowing not only those in cabins above yours to see down into your balcony, but those looking over the rail from the Lido and other public decks at the aft as well.

You should see the costs on the excursions since you are already booked.

I am sure you are a registered user on carnival web site.

On the top of the main screen click on MY PROFILE once in there click on add a booking number. put all your information.

your cruise is now registered and will be on the main page of carnival..telling you how many days, etc

clicking on my cruise details--- will give you your ports, times etc.

its on this page that you can view shore excursions that will be available for your sailing.

its on that page you can see prices, availabilty and times of each excursions and how long they last.

There is only a few bungaloos and they go quickly. If this is something you really want-- you better book it now.

Personally I dont think you need to have the bungaloos as there are plenty of places for shade.

Serene,

I am registered with Carnival, but I have had no luck booking excursions because Carnival doesn't have them online yet for May 19th. It's odd because I can click on the port and I can see the excursions Carnival offers but the second I log into my reservation it only shows excursions for St. Thomas and that's it. At first I thought it was just me but I had a few other people log into their account and they show the same thing.

I have been impatiently waiting for Carnival to put our excursions online since January but there are none listed yet for Half Moon Cay, San Juan Or Grand Turk. I called the excursions desk and all they can tell me is that they are uploading new excursions which should show up sometime before the cruise. I notified them that the cruise leaves in 3 months and they said they do not have a date on when they will be up and can only tell me it would be before 12 days before the trip because we can't book excursions after that time frame.

In the meantime, I saw some people were booking private excursions already. I was really suprised that Carnival didn't have them up already. Especially because people are already booking private excursions instead of theirs so they are losing any money or commissions they get off of their excursions. Hopefully they upload them soon, but right now I have little faith because one person told me they would be up by January 25th, one person told me they didn't know what was going on and the other excursions person I spoke with said there wasn't a timeframe so they can be put online whenever. let's just hope it's sometime before the cruise! :rolleyes:

I guess if they don't have them online before the cruise I will have to cross my fingers and go to the shore excursions desk on the ship the second I arrive. I heard there were only like 15 cabana's on Half Moon Cay.

hmm, i heard only 8. lol

Odd that they are not up yet. please hit refresh when you visit the page also (just in case)

Maybe carnival is getting like princess-- no booking excursions until 100 days out. Nah- I can see my excursions for August 26th.

probably because its a new itinerary and they have to make all new contracts with the vendors.= dont forget to check te port of calls board to find other stuff to do.

Archived