Wish me luck!

Monte

Congratulations!! I am very jealous that you get to go on this great new adventure. I think I would also like to work on a cruise ship, but it seems they only hire younger people. Maybe NCL will start hiring some of us "experienced" people who know what hard work and long hours are all about.

Please keep us updated, it will be exciting to hear from an insider.

Best Wishes and Good luck:)

:) Monte,

Congrats on securing the position on the Pride of Aloha!!! NCL is very lucky to have you on board (both figuratively, and, soon, literally) with your experience at Marriott. My husband and I and his brother and wife are booked on the Jan. 2 sailing, so you will be well into your duties by then. And, I am sure you will bring about some much-needed positive changes for the ship. Take care!

Robin

Monte,

Best wishes for a wonderful experience in your new job! You'll do fine on the training. All the paperwork for the MMD is a bit intimidating but should go fine. I believe that the office in HI works faster on it than the one in Baltimore. My son is on vacation now but should be back on board in late September.

You should post a picture of yourself so everyone on here can find you easily!

Monte-

I didn't realize you were in my age category! Our 5 year plan is to have kids out of college and then go do something different. I have plenty of customer service experience and think a cruise ship would be a great challenge! I'll let you be the guinea pig:)

Archived