Liquor/Wine/Champagne in Oahu

CamelliaCity

Where do you purchase liquor and champagne in Oahu?

Living in Louisiana we buy at drug stores, retail stores, grocery. I know some states have state stores only.

We are looking for a case of champage and several bottles of liquor while we are there.

Thanks for any advice given.

Brenda

"Regular" liquor (ie. common brands, vodka, gin, whiskey, wines, beers, etc.) are available all over at ABC stores (sort of like a big 7-11). You can even get the dreaded Macadamia Nut Liqueur, but I wouldn't recommend it.:( However in twenty trips to Oahu, I've only found one "real" liquor store -- as in vintage wines, wide variety of liqueurs, champagnes, single malts, ports, full selection like you would find in a good liquor store. Don't know the name, but it's not important.

It's located between Waikiki and Honolulu in the Ward Warehouse area (any taxi would know the location) just off Ala Moana Blvd. Prices aren't cheap, but not outrageous, unless you're from California (where prices are cheap.), and it's the only store like it I've found on Oahu, and occasionally you'll find a great bargain on something.

Oh yeah, I think Costco has started carrying a variety of liquor as well, but they're hard to get to from Honolulu without a car and a good sense of direction. Hope this helps. :)

ABC stores are all over Waikiki, almost on every block. I think Long's also carries liquor, if not, all grocery stores do.(there's a Foodland and Long's at the Ala Moana shopping center). I bought Skyy Vodka at Safeway Supermarket.

Oh! If you have a Von's card, it works at the Safeway's in Hawaii.

Everyone, thanks for the info.

We will be in Waikiki for 7 nights, on a cruise ship for 19 nights, and in Squamish-to-Seattle for 4 nights. Mostly looking to purchase sparkling white wine (Berengers) and champagne for those gorgeous sunsets from our Waikiki hotel balcony.

It sounds like we can buy when we get there rather than shipping our stash from Louisiana to Hawaii:)

I don't want to spend one single minute of our precious island time standing at a hotel front desk asking 'anything'. I want to know before we go..what we are doing and where we are going....lots of lists;)

Thanks!

Archived