Deck Layout Question

dcookies

Hi -

I've been "lurking" on these boards for a few weeks (and thanks for all the great advice, btw!). I have a question that I haven't seen posted elsewhere. We're sailing RCI SOS on 8/30 - a quick, inexpensive getaway I booked a few days ago. I booked two cabins, one for DH and I, and one for my two teenage sons. Right now, we're in 9570/9572, not too far from the aft elevators. I have an opportunity to book two adjoining cabins near the front of the ship (9008/9010). Good for two reasons - adjoining, and I think less foot traffic outside the door.

Here's the stupid question - on the deck plans, it looks like there's an outside deck or other area that may block the view from 9008 (such that it is). I see this are on decks 8, 9 and 10. Does anyone know what these areas are? Are they accessible, or off limits?

Thanks for any help!

SOS?? soverein of the Seas? Seranade of the Seas? Splendor of the Seas?

Taking it for granted you are talking about the Sovereign of the Seas.

IMO- Keep the 9570-9572 Ok so they are not connecting cabins but you are located next door to each other. The cabins are mid ship so you should be fine if any one gets motion sickness. The further upfront you are the more motion your feel.

On the connecting cabin you lose space inside the cabin for that connecting door. (i think someone loses a sofa)

If your kids are small enough and you are worried they will need you in the night--invest in those childrens monitors. works perfectly. \

But dollar for dollar--- I would stay where you are.

Sorry - you are correct - it's Sovereign.

I guess I'll stick with the cabins we have. The concern was more that my boys are older, and I wouldn't mind keeping a closer eye on them! ;) I thought if our cabins were adjoining, the fact that we could get into their room might keep them on their toes.

Archived