WalMart in Vancouver?

Zark427

We will be departing for Alaska via Vancouver this summer and will be travelling with our 9 month old daughter... As opposed to packing diapers, formula, etc., for the flight from DC to Vancouver, I was hoping that there is a Wal-Mart, Target, grocery store, etc. convienent to the port where I could buy these items and carry them on to the ship... Any have any knowledge of any stores like this between the airport and cruise terminal? Thanks in advance.

Walmart ??-- Vancouver Nyet it's a long story don't ask

but the type of store you want can be found in Richmond which is the city where YVR is actually located. There are grocery stores in Vancouver but you could likely get to one easier in Richmond before heading into town. If travelling by cab. ? Stopping and going would be the problem I guess. So just figure out which would be more to your liking.

A cab would be required in Vancouver also I think.

it's a bit of a drive to Wal-Mart (its in east richmond) but the airport is quite close to Costco.

if you're taking a cab from the airport the best thing to do would be to ask the driver to take Granville street & you'll go right past a SafeWay at granville & about 70th.

there are no Targets in Canada (or at least around Vancouver) but there is a chain called Superstore that's not unlike target... a little more expensive, but hey, it's in Canadian dollars. There is one not too far from the airport in Richmond & one not too far off the path in Vancouver.

I work downtown just a couple of blocks from the cruise ship terminal & grocery stores downtown are few & far between (and quite pricey) but there are a few pharmacy type stores within walking distance ( Shopper Drug Mart & Pharmasave) - they have the same prices as anywhere. There's also a good sized mall just 5 blocks south of the terminal. (Pacific Centre)

No Wal-Mart in Vancouver. They have been repeatedly blocked. They are all out in the suburbs only.

No Target in Vancouver, the Canadian company that carries much of Target's goods is called Zeller's. The Canadian competitor to Wal-Mart.

Real Canadian Superstore is a very large supermarket that will have everything you need in name brand and their own brands. They carry two different store brands. The low end brand is called "No Name" and the high end brand is called "President's Choice".

Shoppers' Drug Mart is a large pharmacy and carries diapers in name brands as well as their own "Life" brand.

Pharmasave is also a large pharmacy and carries diapers in name brands as well as their own brand.

The Pacific Centre is not far, it's a mall. They have a Shoppers' Drug Mart there as well as a number of other stores.

Here is a link to Google Maps so you can see where the cruise port is. A link to Google Maps so you can see where the airport is. You can use the "search nearby" or "search map" functions to look for pharmacies, grocery stores or department stores by name or by category.

Archived