Just A Question..........Safe Deposit Box - QM2

ESLO

Hi All...

We will be boarding and sailing the QM2 for the second time and looking forward to learning more about her after only being on her for our first time for only 5 days.

We did get quite an exposure to her on those few days onboard but still have alot to learn about her. I have been reviewing all the paperwork we collected during our last cruise but still have a question.

I know that each cabin has a combination type safe inside it, but I did not see mentioned if the Front Desk offers Safe Deposit Boxes as a safer alternative. I did not really see it in the documentation in our pre-cruise mailing or in anything we receive on the last cruise.

If anyone that has cruised the Mary in the past and can confirm or has used them, please let me know. Somethings are more safer at the Front Desk then in the cabin.

Thank you.......

I know that each cabin has a combination type safe inside it, but I did not see mentioned if the Front Desk offers Safe Deposit Boxes as a safer alternative.

I can't comment on the QM2, but the QE2 did have an office that dealt with secure boxes - that is until all the cabins were fitted with safes. Once that happened they closed the facility.

If they were a British hotel they would have to accept something if it were offered for safe keeping (there are exceptions like cars, perishable goods, etc) otherwise they would be liable for it should it go missing. As the QM2 is only registered in the UK and spends most of her time outside territorial waters I would not think that law would apply however I suspect that Cunard will not want to take the risk of being blamed for a loss and will offer to keep things in the ship's safe if requested. They won't publicise it though because they don't want too many people using the main safe.

Hi All...

We will be boarding and sailing the QM2 for the second time and looking forward to learning more about her after only being on her for our first time for only 5 days.

We did get quite an exposure to her on those few days onboard but still have alot to learn about her. I have been reviewing all the paperwork we collected during our last cruise but still have a question.

I know that each cabin has a combination type safe inside it, but I did not see mentioned if the Front Desk offers Safe Deposit Boxes as a safer alternative. I did not really see it in the documentation in our pre-cruise mailing or in anything we receive on the last cruise.

If anyone that has cruised the Mary in the past and can confirm or has used them, please let me know. Somethings are more safer at the Front Desk then in the cabin.

Thank you.......

The in-room safes are pretty safe. We left lots of, um, "stuff" in them (as I am sure other have) and didn't have any trouble. In fact, I've not heard of anyone having any "trouble" with belongings in the safe or left out in the cabins.

I can't comment on the QM2, but the QE2 did have an office that dealt with secure boxes - that is until all the cabins were fitted with safes. Once that happened they closed the facility.

If they were a British hotel they would have to accept something if it were offered for safe keeping (there are exceptions like cars, perishable goods, etc) otherwise they would be liable for it should it go missing. As the QM2 is only registered in the UK and spends most of her time outside territorial waters I would not think that law would apply however I suspect that Cunard will not want to take the risk of being blamed for a loss and will offer to keep things in the ship's safe if requested. They won't publicise it though because they don't want too many people using the main safe.

Hi,

We are onboard QM2 right now, and I have to say that the room safe is quite sufficient for any "stuff" that one needs to lock away. In addition to the combination you enter each time you access, you can use any magnetic strip from credit card or the Cunard card. I have heard no negatives concerning this.

Matthew, Just to let you know that we are frequenting the Commodore Club much more than we could have imagined from our previous trips on her. It is such a pleasant place to pass the time. Someday you will try it.

Thanks, Kurt

Matthew, Just to let you know that we are frequenting the Commodore Club much more than we could have imagined from our previous trips on her. It is such a pleasant place to pass the time. Someday you will try it.

Thanks, Kurt

Glad you are enjoying it.

You are probably right. One day I will.

No doubt in the dark post QE2 days, I'll feel the need to do a transatlantic on the Mary.

But not yet....

Matthew

Archived