Cruising 3-25- Can't Wait!!

:) Hi I'm new here, this is the BEST site ever for so much info and advice, all my favorites are from this site. I noticed on a previous post that they said the "Rhapsody of the Seas" is going into dry dock this month, what does that mean and why? Also, do they have a CVS or Walgreens near by to get a case of water etc. Also, are we allowed to bring wine in our bags to take on ship? I've heard different things, but I thought if it was packed in our main bags maybe???? :D Also, how far is it from the Houston (Bush) airport to the pier/hotel area? We're trying to figure out hopw to get their and back. Thank you all again!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the boards and don't blame us if you get addicted to these boards and to cruising :D

The only question I can answer is that any ship goes into drydock is when it has maintenance that has to be done that would be too much of an inconvience with having passengers on board.

Also I know the ROS is going to asia in the near future though I don't know the exact date and the ship is going to be completely redone.

As far as soda and water yes you can bring it on but I can't reccommend a method for you and not sure if there is a limit. I drink the free lemonade all day.

Sue

Try the Gulf Coast Departures thread on Cruise Critic for lots of infomation on Rhapsody/Galveston/Houston airports.

Hobby Airport (HOU) is +/-45 minutes from the Galveston cruise terminal. Bush/Intercontinental (IAH) is +/-1.5 hours from Galveston in the northern section of Houston.

You'll love Rhapsody. It's our favorite ship and we're REALLY upset here in Texas that they are sending her to Asia.

Archived