Internet and cell service available??

Hi we are set for 3-25-07 Rhapsody of the seas #4570, can't wait considering the temp is with windchill 10 below!!!:eek:

I have a lap top with a wireless card, do they have wi-fi?? Is it free? Also with our cell phones will we get service on the ocean I wondered if not service if text messageing would work, I have T-Moible?? Not sure what to do to keep in touch with kids and worried Mom. Thanks again all you great people until my next question!!!! Hope to meet up on March 25! :)

When on Explorer last year I had no problem with my cell phone at all. I have Cingular. What I was not prepared for was the BILL. Make sure you have international calling and check with your mobile phone provider. It worked like a charm, any time. My husband has Nextel and he did not have service except for when we were in port. Have a GREAT time

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=00002RsLmDdUbKhJgs2rBPP8Jzg:10ktdmods?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=310&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

is the fount of all knowledge concerning RCL Wi-Fi and computer services. If you do a search for cell phone, cellular, cell tower, you'll come up with dozens and dozens of threads about cell service on the ships. Hope the link above helps.

There is also an "internet room" with lots and lots of computer stations. It is 50 cents a minute. I was able to connect, send e-mail to family, and get off for $3.00. A lot better than running up the cell phone bill.

Also, if you are C & A members, there are coupons in the book for internet service.

I know that Cingular is free in St. Thomas and Puerto Rico, however when we just re-upped our phones, the agent said that you now need to be off the ship to use otherwise you'll get charged the ship rates. We did this previously and had no trouble with these areas. I'm not sure about the other carriers.

When we cruised the Western, we just did as other poster said and used the ship email, which really was not to bad on price.

Lake Erie Boaters I know what you mean about 10 below, I just got home from Erie PA and NewYork area. 5 of us are going on Freedom 03/11/07 for the second time, went last year on second sailing and we had wifi in the cabins as well as around the ship. I think that the Freedom ships are the only ones that you can get wifi with out an adptor.

Archived