Shore Excursion suggestions??

Hi we are leaving from Galveston, Rhapsody of the Seas 3-25-07 :D , and we wanted recommendations since this our first cruise for shore excursions. I went on the RC website and there were over 130! So I know I can't count on you to give us the best ones not to miss! We are in our 40's and leaving kids at home. Also you did tell me no irons, but how about a steamer travel iron? If I put it in my bag do they remove them? Thank you all so much I can't wait for your suggestions!

It appears that you'll be going to Key West, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel.

I would recommend you going to the ports of call boards here on cruise critic. You can get lots of recommendations from there before deciding on your excursions. Not only will you get tons of info. you will, in general, save money by booking excursions on your own. (If you're comfortable doing that)

I would surely recommend going to Stingray City while in Grand Cayman. There are many excursion operators that you can hire on your own (that's what we did) or take the ships excursion.

Paradise Beach in Cozumel is a great beach to hang out at. They have great food/drink & service too. To get there you just need to grab a taxi.

We found that Key West is a great place to wander on your own without having to take any kind of excursion. Many places to eat, drink, shop, etc.

First and foremost book what sounds fun for you. Have a great time.

I think you can still bring the travel steamer...just no irons.

You are going to have so much fun!! It is overwhelming, but life shipnotshore mentioned, go to the ports of call listings. There is also a lot of great information on the Roll Call and also on the cruise reviews for your ship.

For me - I wouldn't miss Sting Ray City, but I booked off the ship when we got there. It was cheaper and the exact same thing. There are taxis waiting in port. Also, don't miss a local Sting Ray beer.

Key West - may still be a teensy bit chilly in March in the water. If you have never been there and feel adventurous, rent a scooter and explore. The island is so small that you really can't get lost. I think this is one of the those "do it yourself" places. You can see Hemingway's house and his 6-toe cats. You can see the Little White House which is where President Truman would come and spend his time away from Washington. You can eat conch fritters and key lime pie.

Have fun!

Archived