Ahhhhh! Randi is booked! Advise needed!

bunnkins

I am so bummed! After reading all about how wonderful Randi and her ride is we cant go with her. She has graciously offered to help hook us up with the Lets go fishing guys who also have a Stone Island ride, but I dont think it's quite the same. And from their email I'm sure they dont' speak Englsih as well. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what was you experience? Randi ahs emailed me and we are tring to work something out but just wanted some advise from anyone who had riden with a company other than Randi.

Thanks! Marion:)

We rode with Randi two weeks ago and loved it, so I don't have advice on other outfits. Have you considered asking Randi to let you know if she has any cancellations for your date?

bunnkins... I am so sorry to hear that. However, any recommendations that Randi makes will be good ones. I would trust her with ANY recommendations about Mazatlan. She knows what is good and what is not so good. Hopefully she can find something for you.

We were on the Pride last week and took Miguel's Gentle Horses.

Randi couldn't accomodate us because my husband is ove 250 lbs.

King David runs the tour and we were the only ones on it that day.

He met us at the pier (after the shuttle ride) and took us by car to

a fishing pier/dock area where we boarded a "water taxi", which was

a large row boat with a motor and went the short distance to Stone

Island. He then put in into what he called a "mexican Limo" with was

basically a golf cart with a hot wired car engine. We arrived at Miguel's and

got on the horses. King David and Miguel rode with the 4 of us, me &

my husband and 12 yr old and 15 yr old. We rode thru mangroves, mango

orchards, coconut orchards, fields, and finally onto the beach then thru

the town to the final stop which was a beach/restaurant. It drizzles

throughout our ride, until when we finally go onto the beach, it poured!!!

In fact, it poured for 2 hours, including a very soggy ride back to the

ship. The horseback riding was great, I'm not so sure about the getting

to and from part. At points, my husband thought we may never see

civilization again. All in all King David stayed with us the entire time.

It cost 35$ per person and we paid him when we finished.

You can visit their website at http://www.mazinfo.com to visitors guide and

cruise ship passengers.

dbb25

Bunnkins: When we got on our horses at Randi's 2 weeks ago, there was a sign next door for Mike's Gentle Horses. I hadn't heard about them before. The last poster enjoyed it. Maybe you can ride with them.

dbb25,

Randi had said that mikes gentle horses didnt have an englsh speaking guide. Was yours? We have very limited Spanish and would be lost with out someone who spoke English. That's to bad it poured on you! My kids would love that though! Playing in the rain.

Thanks for the info, Marion:)

Newaddiction,

Thank you so much but we are a party of 6! We sail on the Legend on August 22. I think because we are a big group and I waited so long was part of my problem. You are very sweet ot offer the spaces!

Marion:)

I'm wondering about the beach at Stone Island? I haven't heard anyone actually mention the beach! We're looking for a place for the kids to play (youngest 6) and some of the adults would like to snorkel as well. Is there a large surf? Do they have boogie boards, or snorkel equipment available? Some of us want to do Randi's Horse excursion but can the rest just meet us at the beach? Thanks to anyone who can help! We leave in 6 days!! Yahoo!

wellmcguire,

Yes! The beach at Victor's is fabulous. It was so hot in Mazatlan in June, but the breeze on the beach in Stone Island is incredible. We did not want to leave. DH keeps telling people it is just like the Corona commercials where they are just sitting on a beautiful beach relaxing. Chris can look to see if jellies are a problem before you hit the water. They do have boogie boards to use and there are usually banana boat rides that you can get very inexpensively.

Randi can make arrangements for the non-riding part of your party to get to Victor's to wait for you. I think it is only $15 for the transportation... Check with her, she is awesome to work with. You can reach her at randi@mazinfo.com

Newaddiction,

Thank you so much but we are a party of 6! We sail on the Legend on August 22. I think because we are a big group and I waited so long was part of my problem. You are very sweet ot offer the spaces!

Marion:)

Yeah, I think 6 might be too many. And we sail September so it wouldn't work. Hopefully you have a great time.

You are welcome. You won't be disappointed. While at Victor's be sure to try the Garlic Shrimp and the Onion Rings. You get a couple of onion rings with your order, but they were the BEST. Next time we will order an entire plate of them too!

Tina

Archived