Help, Taxis are so high in St. Thomas

blmcdps

We booked a private sail boat for our group of 15. I just found out it would be 20.00 per person for a taxis to Sapphire Marina. That seems so high to me. Most taxis's are priced for up to four people. Is there a marina within walking distance of where the Navigator of the sea's docks. We would like to rent a sailboat for the day. Thanks for your help.

I also just posted a question on taxi fares. Do you know if that's one way or round trip? I read that it's $10 pp to Coki Beach not sure how much to Sapphire Beach, would it be the same as the Marina?

Any one know?

Thanks

I am wondering the same thing. We are considering booking a day sail out of red hook. After seeing the prices in some of the taxi reports, I was wondering if hiring a limo to meet us at the dock on our arrival would be better. If I am going to spend that much on a taxi, I would almost rather spend a little more for the limo.

I have been reading some of the posts about the taxi fares and overall satisfaction with them as well. I am now wondering if it would be a good idea to hire a private car or a limo. It probably would cost a little more, but for the price of the taxis listed at the port, I would rather set up something with quality service. We are booking a daysail out of Red Hook, and I would like to hear from anyone who has used any private car or limo services.

Okay I've been searching all day today. LOL I should be getting things done instead.

The taxi fare is each way. So for us to go just to the beach it would be $20 R/T so I decided as I thought I would to go ahead with the Sunny tour I have scheduled.

Don't know if that would work for you.

Thanks for the info. My 69 year old mothwe can't walk thatfar. As I have read it's a little walk to the taxi's but another walk to the beach. A taxi droping us off right at the beach is a better option.

Thanks

Did you find the threads on the local open air taxis? If you walk over to kmart area, you can get a taxi to Sapphire for $2 each

We are cruising to St Thomas, Dec 2007 on Carnival Liberty.I have a party of probably 30 people wanting to go to Coral World in St Thomas, and not sure how long we want to stay, is it better just to do the 3 hour tour with the cruise ship and if we decide to stay longer then we will have to pay extra for taxi, or are the taxi's reasonable to go round trip and do a independent tour. There are some of us that want to snorkel, others want to parasail, others will be diving, and then others will just be on the beach. I just don't think that 3 hours is enough time for all of us to do what we wanted to do. Does anyone know how far Coral World is from the dock at Charlotte Amalie? And what taxi's charge r/t?

We are sailing on the Carnival Liberty and have a group of probably 30-40 that want to go to Coral World. Seems like everyone is saying taxi's are expensive, so does anyone have suggestions on what it is going to cost for taxi ride one way from Coral World back to dock at Charlotte Amalie?

I guess we can do the 3 hour tour the ship has to offer and just stay there longer and pay for the ride back.:D

Archived