places to eat

thatbloominplace

we are leaving for a week in aruba next week. anyone have a special place to eat. looking for nice local places with good food, not fancy. there are hundreds of places to eat in aruba and we have hit most of the expensive ones. this time we thought we would try little out of the way "hidden gems". any ideas.

steve

Here is a list of some restaurants.

IMO- off the beaten path

Bingo

Linda's Pancakes & Pizza's (they serve other meals too)

Pannekoekhuis (Dutch Pancakes)

I am sure you have dined at some of these already- but worth a mention

Que Pasa?

Rumba bar & grill

Fishes & More

Pinchos Grill & Bar

The Promenade

Aruba Destiny

Casa Tua

Salt and Pepper

Tulip Restaurant

No where near off the beaten path, but new:

Gianni's

Chef's Table- more on the expensive side, but only opened in October, supposed to be terrific, along the lines of Madame Janette and Marandi

For Aruban cuisine, we have been going to Gasparito's for years. Just reccommened it to an Aruban friend and she emailed me that her entire family LOVED it. Keshi Yena was better than her own Mom's and Mom admitted it. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

arubalisa,

thanks for the restaurant tips!! just wanted to let others know that while we tried several restaurants on your list, ARUBA DESTINY was our favorite for the week. this little restaurant had the best meals and was the most authentic restaurant we tried. they had an unbelievable coconut crusted grouper, delicious seafood paella, and delicious sangria. another wonderful experience was linda's pancakes. we ate there twice. loved those dutch pancakes. if cruisers are looking for something local, they could try either of these for something off the beaten path, rather than the usually mentioned expensive ones.

steve

Steve, I am glad that you enjoyed Aruba Destiny and Linda's as much as we did. :D :D When we were at Destiny dd had the coconut grouper, dh had the paella and he and I split a carafe of the sangria! Wow wee, it was terrfic.

For local food, another place I just found out about from a friend is Nos Cunucu.

Archived