Has anyone ever downgraded?

lucyddr

We are booked and have already paid for a 8C balcony cabin on the Destiny leaving May 13. My husband qualifies for a military discount, though we were told that this did not apply to balcony cabins. So...we went ahead and booked the balcony. After doing some research, I noticed that we would save $700+ by downgrading to an ocean view (which we wouldn't mind). Will Carnival allow us to "downgrade?" I'd be happy with a shipboard credit. Anyone every done this before?

We booked with military discount and Carnival has been very accommodating. The cost of our cruise went down after we were outside of of cancel without penalty timeframe. I called Carnival and mentioned this. They upgraded our cabin and gave us OBC. I LOVE Carnival so far!

We are booked and have already paid for a 8C balcony cabin on the Destiny leaving May 13. My husband qualifies for a military discount, though we were told that this did not apply to balcony cabins. So...we went ahead and booked the balcony. After doing some research, I noticed that we would save $700+ by downgrading to an ocean view (which we wouldn't mind). Will Carnival allow us to "downgrade?" I'd be happy with a shipboard credit. Anyone every done this before?

We're fixing to find out; due to a car accident two days ago, my cruise budget for the June cruise has been slightly damaged :( I'll need to go from a balcony to an interior; I don't have a special discount, except past guest, so I hope it won't be an issue. I'll let you know what I find out :)

Are you within penalty phase yet? I think it's 75 days out isn't it? So you probably aren't. You could call and downgrade and get a refund. I would do it in a minute to save $700. OVs are great. We paid more for a balcony for our last cruise and found that we just didn't use it that much considering the extra that we paid.

I downgraded last night from an OV guar to an interior on the Empress deck. It was quite a bit cheaper and we decided to "brave" it and try out the inside room so that we could be near family. I didn't have a problem at all to change it, and it showed up online within seconds. Just call and see what they tell you. That extra money would pay your tips, drinks, and excursions. You could have a blast with it!!!

I agree...$700 goes a long way on a cruise for us! I think I'm good to change until Feb. 28, so I'll call Monday and see what I can do. We've stayed in balcony cabins our last 2 cruises (1 huge upgrade with Disney and 1 planned extended balcony on the Miracle), but we hardly ever use the balcony because we like to be out and about. Hopefully, I can downgrade. Thanks everyone for the info!

Archived