Cruise Director on Noordam?

Oriole

I was on the X-mas cruise aboard the Noordam. During that cruise I was planning on taking another cruise March 31, 2007 with my Aunt and younger cousins however, plans changed and we won't be taken that cruise. But I was close friends with some of the cruise staff and I asked if they would be on during the March cruise. Most of them said that they would be leaving on January 27th for there vacation. Then after their vacation the would be taken different positions on other ships. I don't know if Drew was going to come back but Dewight said that he would be on the Veendam and I think that he said Drew would be doing one of the ships in Europe during the Spring when he got of his vacation. They were a wonderful cruise staff and can't wait to see them again, or maybe another cruise staff would be better. I have saild many times on HAL and each staff is better than the next.

Geoffrey

I 've been reading about Jason Venner being the CD on the Noordam. Is Drew Mudock on vacation, or is it a longer term change?

Thanks for the info.

Jason Venner is on the Noordam now. We thoroughly enjoyed him and thought he did a great job....but I have no basis for comparison.

Drew is a real nice guy and a good CD but I have never trusted anyone on a ship named "Murdoch." First Officer on the Titanic, you know.

Funny.

But since you mention it, you might want to check out this site:

http://www.geocities.com/murdochmystery/

It looks at the circumstances surrounding the Murdoch controversy. Among other things, the site contains an aplogy from James Cameron for the way he portrayed Murdoch in the film. (FWIW, there's no hard evidence that Murdoch shot himself or any passengers.)

OT and nothing to do with Drew Murdoch, excellent HAL CD. But F/O William Murdoch on the Titanic: I recommend an excellent investigative book, "The Last Log of the Titanic," by David Brown. It's speculative, but with good reasons for each point.

Archived