Bannister Island snorkeling

luckydogone

I'm going to Bannister Island for Carnival Glory's Beach Break in March. I have read a few reports / reviews about how poeple once on the island were able to sign up for a snorkeling tour. Can anyone tell me how much this cost and aboiut how long it lasted? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,

Jim

Jim:

We were there in December....a couple of the local operators come by to pick people up for snorkeling (ask when you're there)....we paid $20 each, takes about an hour and a half, with 45-60 mins snorkeling at the reef.

It was a bit rough that day, so it's a bit of a tough swim...you start at one side of the reef, and snorkel to the other, and the boat picks you up...well supervised in the water, though...we went with FAB tours...nice people.

I did the ship excursion in March of last year. When you get off the boat onto the island, there is a stand renting kayaks and paddleboats. At this same place, you can sign up for a snorkel trip. My husband went with my 9 year old son. They were gone about one hour and I think the cost was $20.00 each and included the equipment. My husband said the snorkeling was fabulous. Seas were calm in march and no problem even for my son.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Alycia

Archived