? re: Post Cruise Tours in Miami

Has anyone taken a post cruise tour in Miami?

Our flight doesn't leave for NYC untill 3:30 and I thought we might take one but I was wondering if anyone had experience with one and could tell me the approximate time it started and stopped.

RCCL says your flight needs to depart after 3pm but I'm a little afraid we are cutting it too close with a 3:30pm departure.

I can always ask once we are onboard but thought I'd check here for some actual experiences :)

Thanks!

Has anyone taken a post cruise tour in Miami?

Our flight doesn't leave for NYC untill 3:30 and I thought we might take one but I was wondering if anyone had experience with one and could tell me the approximate time it started and stopped.

RCCL says your flight needs to depart after 3pm but I'm a little afraid we are cutting it too close with a 3:30pm departure.

I can always ask once we are onboard but thought I'd check here for some actual experiences :)

Thanks!

I can only tell you what I was told when I inquired about them on the Navigator.

They told me they leave VERY EARLY am and that they would drop us at the airport between 12 and 1 pm.

Our flight was not leaving until much later than yours so we felt it was better to do our own thing.

I asked if any would drop us later and they said no. :confused:

That was in September.

Turned out it poured rain that day so we ended up sitting in the airport anyway. :o

Hello! We took a post cruise Everglades Safari tour in October. Our flight was at 3:50 out of Miami, we arrived at the airport by 12:45 with plenty of time to spare! I would think you will have more than enough time with a 3:30 departure.

We had to be ready to get off the ship at 6:30, with our own luggage. It was very easy to navigate to the assigned area, the busses were waiting right outside. They take your luggage and store it under the bus, so you don't have to worry about it during the tour. It was actually my favorite excursion on our trip, I had always wanted to go to the everglades & that was an easy way to do it & also took up some of that time that we didn't know what to do with before our flight.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this particular excursion or about the schedule, I'd be more than happy to help!

Have a wonderful trip!!!

You might consider a quick tour of Star Island. My husband took a thriller boat ride from Bayside Market place. Its 10 minutes from the port. The tours leave approx. every hour or so. There are several different companies which offer different kinds of tours. speed boats, party boats. etc. I didn't get to go, (wasn't feeling well) but he had a blast. didn't think that was something he would enjoy--but said it was great and was glad he did it. Next year I'll be doing it. You get an upclose look at the beautiful mansions and a little history too.

Even if you didn't do the tour....Bayside Market Place is nice just to walk around. Especially down by the water.

Just a thought --- maybe you'd consider it. :rolleyes:

You might consider a quick tour of Star Island. My husband took a thriller boat ride from Bayside Market place. Its 10 minutes from the port. The tours leave approx. every hour or so. There are several different companies which offer different kinds of tours. speed boats, party boats. etc. I didn't get to go, (wasn't feeling well) but he had a blast. didn't think that was something he would enjoy--but said it was great and was glad he did it. Next year I'll be doing it. You get an upclose look at the beautiful mansions and a little history too.

Even if you didn't do the tour....Bayside Market Place is nice just to walk around. Especially down by the water.

Just a thought --- maybe you'd consider it. :rolleyes:

CruiseJunkie911

Where did you find these different tour companies in Miami I have been looking but haven't found any info. Would really like some help- Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm really sorry I didn't reply back sooner. I'm new to the boards and I lost the thread.

At Bayside Market place. It's right on the water front.

It's an Open air market place. (Rest. shopping. tours. Live Music, Bars, it's just about everything) . Just walk through till you get to the water and there are several tours there. You just walk up, pay,and go. They leave every hour or so. My husband and friend loved it. I will do it next time.

He did the thriller boat ride around star island. They tell you who lives there etc. I think it costs $20.00. They gave us $5.00 off. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure what you would do with all your luggage though. I saw people with their luggage, but if you don't have someone to watch it? Can't help there. :confused:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Post Cruise. Bayside Market place is right across the street. Very easy to have a nice evening. Just walk across the street.

We were wondering what to do with luggage too. Our flight doesn't leave until 3:45 and we thought about exploring Miami some but don't want to haul our luggage around with us. Do the airlines allow you to check luggage that early?

Last time I was in Miami, we took a tour to the Everglades. My sons absolutely loved it, and both my oldest son and I even ventured out of the boat and walked in knee deep water.

One bit of advice: do not try the alligator meat. I of course had to try it, and I swear I have never been so sick in my life. The whole flight home I had to have a bucket on my lap (poor people on the plane). Went to the hospital once I got home. :(

Archived