Regal Cruise/acapulco Now Canceled

Colo Cruiser

We were on the Star last March during the fire and were supposed to be on the Regal on that cruise..

No offense Telephoneman52 but please let us know when you plan to cruise again so we can avoid that trip! We too were on the Star during the fire cruise so I don't think we should be allowed on the same boat ever again!! :D

When did you get home from Jamaica? We were some of the last people to get off the boat and didn't touch down in Boston untill Sunday night. For as good as Princess was with the actually emergency, they were terrible at getting everyone home. Not sure if they learned their lesson this time.

This info came from the Princess website.......

and they have now canceled a second cruise effectivley postponing any sailings until March 13th 2007.

Does not look good for any future sailings onboard the Regal right now. :)

The Regal is an older ship that will be leaving the Princess fleet on October 2, 2007 in Sydney.

We went to the resort also. And then when we waited in line that Sunday morning to get our flight we weren't on the list! I almost lost it. Pulled a Princess employee asside and demanded a flight. We had to book it to the airport and almost missed it.

But we've been on one Princess cruise already and have booked 2 more!

1214218575_mexico018.jpg.181ff1b5371d70882e5db38f9ed141b3.jpg[/ATTACH]

We were on the Dawn and were with you in ACA. I just want you all to know how badly we felt for your situation. We did have one announcement...for the passanger from the Regal to please report to the purser's desk....I guess we had a stowaway!

2144050100_mexico015.jpg.510cbba7e7e25790b146a694921e44a9.jpg

I don't think Princess has learned about communicating with passengers during an event like this. We were on board, ready to cruise, and are now home. I'm very disappointed (this was to be our first vacation in 3 years, due to starting a business, and now we can't go again until next year).

I wasn't too concerned that first day - figured we'd sail a day late, miss a port, so what? But around 5:30-6pm, they announced the cruise had been cancelled and they'd get us all home. Twice during dinner (and that's another story) my husband went down to see if we had any news. Nothing. When we finally went to our room at 11pm (last time he checked - 10:15pm) - there was a notice that we were to have our luggage outside our stateroom before midnight for an 8am departure. He went downstairs and said NO WAY. If you'd let us know by 6pm, fine. But not with no notice. So we booked our own way home, for the following day.

Some passengers were sent on a 6 hour bus ride from Acapulco to Mexico City to catch air connections! Can you believe that? Many, many people just went where they were told. Instead of a vacation, they ended up with travel days from hell.

The staff was pretty awful, frankly. There were a couple of wonderful exceptions (our cabin steward Jesus Milan was fantastic), but they were generally sullen and unhelpful (and I'm talking everyone). Obviously no one was telling them anything either, and they were about to be furloughed, and they weren't going to get tips from us, so they tried avoiding. It made for a frustrating time.

I understand about what happened to the ship, and that that was the local harbormaster's fault in Huatalco. I'm not blaming Princess for that. But this ship obviously had management problems well before this disaster, and it just magnified them.

I'm very, very disappointed.

Very, very sorry about your misadventure. We were on the cruise before you (and experienced the incident) and have nothing but glowing thoughts of the Regal and her crew, but I understand how disappointed you must be. I have heard from a couple of crew members / entertainers. They have said that Princess is being great to them, if that helps. They were offered flights home or they could stay with the ship (w/pay) during dry dock. The ones I have heard from are looking at month paid vacation, but the waiters and cabin stewards may not be as lucky.

As for flying out of Acapulco airport or a 6 hour bus ride to Mexico City, I'd take the bus ride any day. The Acapulco airport is a disaster and presumably the bus had A/C (the airport didn't). We spent about 6 hours there and I'll never go back until they have a new airport.

Archived