Satelite pictures of the ships

smoothsailor

When I first joined Cruise Critic I think that I read a thread about watching the ships from a satelite . Does anyone know the website? I think that it would be neat for my family to see while we are on board. :cool:

I think you're mistaken! There is one site called www.kroooz-cams.com (note 3 o's) that has a number of ship-board and port-based webcams, and sometimes you can see your ship from another's webcam when in port. Also, on www.cruisecal.com you can find links to ship-board and port webcams. On Google Earth you can sometimes find satellite pictures of ports with a cruise ship in it, but these are not real-time pictures.

The satellite pictures you have seen are not live. You have to do a search through different ports to see if you can find a cruise ship on that port.

Go here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

once you find the area you want, click on the button that reads satellite. Use your mouse to move the image up/down, left and right.

The satellite pictures you have seen are not live. You have to do a search through different ports to see if you can find a cruise ship on that port.

Go here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

once you find the area you want, click on the button that reads satellite. Use your mouse to move the image up/down, left and right.

Don't know about any ships but I tried locating my house (been in it 3+ years) and the satellite map showed pre-construction lots. Then I went to the house we lived in previously and sure enough, our balloon van was parked in the driveway! We moved out over 4 years ago.

Don't know about any ships but I tried locating my house (been in it 3+ years) and the satellite map showed pre-construction lots. Then I went to the house we lived in previously and sure enough, our balloon van was parked in the driveway! We moved out over 4 years ago.

Yes, but the world-wide mosaic is continuously being updated. For a long time my daughter's development showed only a few houses, but recently a new image has been put in and there no longer any empty lots. :D

Archived