Lack of interest(?)

Cary T

I notice a lack of topics and interests in Cancun and was wondering if there is a problem with Cancun. We are cruising on the NCL Sea on 8/21 and , from what I've read,the chances of actually being able to get off the ship in Cancun seem iffy at best.:confused:

I felt the same way when planning our Sea cruise. That's why I posted below. I had read a lot of people saying they had to skip Cancun so I didn't want to plan anything that might get cancelled. We opted just to make it a beach day if we were actually able to get there. Besides with 3 port days prior it was nice to just hit the beach and relax.

I agree,if we are able to get to Cancun it may be our opportunity to just enjoy the beach scene after trying to cram a lot in on the other stops. If we don't make it we will still be able to enjoy spending time with each other and relaxing on board. For the price of this cruise we could have a great time without even going ashore!

• 1 month later...
It seems like NCL is about the only cruise line that stops in Cancun, thus the reason for the few posts. Also, most cruise lines have a stop in Playa Del Carmen but actually port in Cozumel. I think there is a Carnival ship that docks in Calica?? Not sure where that is exactly but it's somewhere near Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Maybe in between? Check out the cancun.net board. Lots of information on Cancun.

• 3 months later...
Cancun is more of an area where people will go to one of the resorts and stay for a week. The beaches are world class, the fishing via charter boat is wonderful and there are wonderful huge modern malls.

There is a LOT of world class dining available in Cancun. While it is popular for Americans to go to Cancun there are also a lot of wealthy South Americans who visit Cancun in the summer. Remember that in South America below the equator it is their winter season.

The only time I would advise to avoid Cancun is Spring Break time. It gets very, very wild. (Unless you are really into the party scene)

CaribbeanBlue

[url]www.Carigem.org[/url]

• 6 months later...
[quote name='CaribbeanBlue']Cancun is more of an area where people will go to one of the resorts and stay for a week. The beaches are world class, the fishing via charter boat is wonderful and there are wonderful huge modern malls.

There is a LOT of world class dining available in Cancun. While it is popular for Americans to go to Cancun there are also a lot of wealthy South Americans who visit Cancun in the summer. Remember that in South America below the equator it is their winter season.

The only time I would advise to avoid Cancun is Spring Break time. It gets very, very wild. (Unless you are really into the party scene)

CaribbeanBlue

[url="http://www.Carigem.org"]www.Carigem.org[/url][/QUOTE]

caribbeanblue

i just found your reply and am very interested when SPRING BREAK IS NOT GOING ON. my friend and i want to go and enjoy ourselfs without thousandns of collage and school spring breakers. we are very flexible with the time we can go, but we do not want to be there during spring break. please, can you tell me when a good time to go would be? we live in the midwest and would like to get away from the snow and cold weather. how about the last part of jan or the first week of feb. i really need help on this and if you can help i will be so grateful. thanks alot. we will be at the aquamarina hotel ( i won it on a contest for 5 days and 4 nights if this makes a difference.

Archived