Should I stay or should I go?

For those of you who stay on the ship on port days what do you do? Are there many activities offered or is it basically a chill day? Do you end up regretting not getting off the ship or has it been a great experience? I'm considering staying on the ship while we are in Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic. For those of you who have visited this port, did you stay on the ship or did you find something fun/interesting to do? From the list of RCI excursions and the info from CC, it doesn't seem like there is a lot to do. Any feedback would be appreciated.

OOPS! I'm so embarassed :o. I had done a search for staying on the ship but nothing would come up, now I see there is a thread going on right here. Sorry about that. My computer keeps timing out so maybe that affected my search. I look forward to reading all the information! Sorry!

The first time we went to Casa de Campo we got off the ship and did some touring around-definitely nothing worthwhile. The next time we stayed on the ship and enjoyed the peace and quiet around the pool and just relaxed. Definitely a better choice!

I have never been to that port, but some of my favorite days are days when we are in port and I stay on ship. There are no lines, the SPA usually has specials, and I can veg out all I want.

If you are unsure, schedule something short or just get off and look around. You can always get right back on the ship. If you are a beach person, you can always find a local beach and hang out too.

Archived