Largest Aft Suite Verandah - Noordam

marcoigna

hi all;

just wanted peoples opinion on the largest aft size balconies in their suites sc or sb ... aboard the noordam - for those of you who have experienced.

if anyone has pictures it will be great.

i understand they are smaller than the zuiderdam/westerdam - which we have done, but not sure how much smaller.

Hi, can those with experience also post about the regular aft cabins too? Particularly, did you notice a great deal of size difference in a aft cabin or suite size compared to the side cabins/suites?

The reason I'm asking is I've become a bit confused. Last year on the RCI Mariner we had an aft corner cabin. I loved the balcony, but I found the cabin so incredibly small!! So much so that I'd never book that cabin again. I didn't realize there was such a cabin size difference.

Does the Noordam cabins work the same way, or are the cabins/suites comparable sizes everywhere on the ship? I know people say to read the deck plans, but I honestly can't tell. How does one read the deck plans to know the difference in cabins sizes aside from the obvious suite v. balcony cabin etc?

Thanks, Diane

We were in an SB (side) on Noordam and are booked in a corner SC for our next Noordam cruise. Judging from the pictures I've seen, the SC is somewhat smaller than the SB and is laid out differently. The SB was so roomy I don't think the slight difference will matter.

I am pretty sure I read in a thread somewhere that the largest SC verandah's are on deck 4, but the largest SC corner cabins are on deck 5. Not sure about that though.

Last month we were in 7142 on the Noordam. The suite and the wrap-around deck were both very spacious. It compares favorably to the aft corner suites on Regent Seven Seas Cruises' Voyager which we have taken often. There was plenty of room for 2 deck chairs, a dining table and 4 chairs, and 2 club chairs with ottomans. We were very happy spending most of the cruise outdoors on our private deck.

IMHO, the deck 8 corner suites, which are directly under the pool deck, and the deck 4 corner suites, which have bulky mechanical equipment attached to the side railings, are the only ones that we would not want to book.

We were in an SC suite on the Noordam in Nov. of 06 - room 5191. This is the same room that was 5187 before the refit. Yes, the veranda is somewhat smaller, (because they added a room on each side) but not as much as you would think. It has a table high enough to for dining, 4 side chairs, 2 casual chairs with padding and 2 lounge chairs with padding. Have included 3 pictures for you (if I can do this - it's my first time replying). Also, we had late disembarkation and took the time to check the same aft veranda on the 2 floors above us. It seems that the veranda decreases in depth by about 5 or 6 inches on each floor as you go up (we paced it off). So, apparently deck 5 is the largest. It is a wonderful veranda - the absolute best - and we have booked the very same room on the Westerdam in Oct., 2008 on the transcanal cruise from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.

5191-wraparound-side-deck.jpg.22ffacda6b648c896cef133cdcbfb6fd.jpg

aft-veranda-5191.jpg.56534625cee3c933235598039c262149.jpg

Noordam-5191.jpg.6e56acacbce5c2ee3e1c4b06a7490f21.jpg

SC4180 and 4185 have the largest verandahs of all the aft cabins, but there's not a radical leap in square footage versus the aft suites on the decks above. The cabins themselves, on the other hand, are somewhat smaller that the SC's above. Still, the cabin space was more than adequate for the two of us; we stayed in 4180 on a 10-night. This was a great cabin overall, but I can see how vibration might bother some -- I was fully expecting it and even enjoy it to some degree, but I even I was surprised at how much of a rumble there was at times.

If I were to sail Noordam again, one of the two aft SC cabins on the Upper Promenade would still be my first choice.

Lobstertail, From your photos the cabin and the deck of 5191 look as if they are exactly the same size and arrangement as 7142 (even though the deck plan makes 5191 look larger). The only reason that I might prefer 7142 and 7145 is that they are on the same level as the Neptune Lounge, which is the place that I went to get my WiFi connection. Nevertheless, I suspect that we could be happy in any of these wonderful aft corner suites!

Thank you all so much for the information! It really helps me to plan a future cruise.

We are in an SY side on this trip so it will be interesting to compare. If I can get a peek I'd love to see an aft cabin. Some of our roll call members have aft cabins, so I may be able to get a view:rolleyes:

Lobstertail thanks tons for posting the photos! Nice to be able to actually see for myself.

JDRMYS you're so right. ANY one of these cabins would indeed be great!:)

You are right! Deck 4 corner aft does have the biggest veranda; but, for my comparison, I only looked at decks 5, 6 and 7. We wouldn't want deck 4 (it's over the dining room) or deck 8 (it's under the Lido), because we were worried about noise. Maybe not even an issue, but I wouldn't want to chance it. It would be really convenient to be on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge (we had that on the Maasdam - it was great - we grabbed little snacks on our way out to excursions), but deck 7 corner aft on the Noordam is an SB and therefore costs more. The S cabins on the Maasdam were all the same (no A, B, or C) and all were huge with big verandas. On the Noordam, decks 5 and 6 are so close (veranda on 6 only slightly smaller) that is really doesn't make a lot of difference. Whichever you get, you will have a great time. Happy sailing!

Archived