Newbie just off Jewel West Caribbean

In Cozumel we did the Playa Uvas clear kayak and snorkel. Never having snorkeled before that was OK but if you have any experience snorkeling you would probably find it disappointing. We didn't see much with the clear kayak either but we enjoyed the experience anyway. IMO, Playa Uvas is probably best if you just want to hang out on a beach, eat, drink, maybe get a massage, etc. RCI only offers the kayak/snorkel excursion but you can book directly with Playa Uvas and they offer a lo tmore options.

In Costa Maya we went to Chacchoben and enjoyed it a lot.

In Grand Cayman we did the stingray/reef snorkel combo. This was an awesome excursion and I highly recommend it. The boat ride to the sites alone was very enjoyable. The stingrays are a 1 of a kind experience and though we are novice snorkelers, I was impressed with the variety of sea life we saw. I missed it, buy my husband and one of our friends SWEAR they saw a giant eel as big around as a human and over 6 ft long. I'm so bummed I missed that!!

Archived