Digital Camera Help

Well I now have added a naw digital Canon to my faves! The A95. It's a 5 megapxl. So if I don't want to carry around my Digital Rebel (btw if you don't have a polarizing filter GET ONE! All I can say is wow when I get shots of water and or blue sky!) I can carry around that. It fits in my pocket! For an example of the the polarizing filter go to my webshots albums and look in the Sept 2004 Caribbean Princess album. The filter cuts down glare and makes the sky and water more blue.

• 1 month later...

Well, I just bought a Kodak Dx 4530 easy share with all the attachments for it, I don't even know what I am doing. We have always used the disposable cameras and always taken fairly good pictures but we like the advantages that a digital would have. I hope I have a good camera for the 1-9-05 cruise. Has anyone got one of these?

I have the Canon A75. Excellent camera!! Enlargements at 8 x 10 are as good as 35mm. I have not done anything bigger yet. It shoots great in auto mode, but it also has many other options to let you have more control. Another great site for reviews is http://www.imaging-resource.com/ Some of the reviews are quite lengthy, but well worth the read.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have at least two additinal sets. I have bought three sets plus one from Oly that came with camera. I have had two sets stop working. Don't know why yet. Checking charger. They do not like to be overcharged, and not sure they like to be partially charged either!!!

Stay away from Sony and Fugifilm Digital Cameras. I know many people who have either of those brands and don't know anyone who is happy with the camera. Well it's not so much that they're unhappy with the camera - they're more unhappy with the print quality of their pictures. They are either blurry or just not good color.

I highly recommend a Kodak digital camera. I have the DX 6490 - my mother and sister both have a different model of the Kodak and we all love it. Friends have kodaks too - never heard one complaint from anyone with a Kodak. They are SO user friendly - really easy to use and bring pictures onto the PC. Color is great - all prints come out really clear...no one can believe they are digital shots. They're also very affordable.

And the biggest plus of all is it's Kodak - they are the picture people after all. I feel like I grew up with the brand - and it's American made. I like to buy products made in the USA whenever I can! You won't be unhappy with a Kodak digital camera - they are great!

• 2 months later...

I've had my Fujifilm A210 for over a year and I love it. I use rechargeable batteries and haven't ever had a problem. I've taken beautiful, bright photos of the beach, the snow, etc. I've had photos enlarged to 8x10 and they look great.

Canon all the way. We bought our's about three years ago and never had a single problem with it. it takes beautiful, clear pictures. It's so easy to work and get used to. You won't be sorry if you go this route.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this post started nearly a year ago so hopefully the OP has already secured a camera. For some that are just perusing here's my 2 cents worth.

I have no experience with the Fuji cameras but I've been shooting Canon products since the mid 70's both personally and professionally and they've never let me down unless I did something stupid.

After drowning my wife's point and shoot camera during a canoe trip last September, I replaced it with the Canon A75 and we've not been disappointed at all. First, Canon has a little different technology than the other manufacturers which supposedly renders colors more accurately. I have no basis for comparison but I sure like the results from the A75 and my Canon 10D. The A75 has produced images that print very nicely indeed up to 8X10 and with good technique I've been able to produce some 11X14 prints that would knock your eyes out. It's a great little camera.

Bottom line is that most cameras these days are designed on computers and produced robotically so it's really tough to get a bad camera if you stick wtih the major manufacturers. I just happen to be a Canon Fan.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently purchased the Fuji S5100 and just love it. Being able to use AA batteries has been great. We invested in the rechargeable AA's and a charger, but we can always grab regular batteries in a pinch. The photo color is beautiful (although a little tricky in very low light). We've found that photo quality varies greatly with different processors in our area. So, if you're not printing at home, try a few different photo processors in your area until you find a good one.

Archived