Istanbul Tourguide

JABT

I can highly recommend Nejat **********. He is the absolute best guide in Istanbul and Ephesus. :p

We strongly second this recommendation. But act quickly. Nejat is rapidly booked; although he does have a very good assistant, we understand from those who have experienced him.

Excellent experience in Istanbul with guide Arzu and in Kusadasi with Ebru ...both working through Sammy's. You will find this company on the web. We especially enjoyed Ebru's youthful enthusiasm. And of course their knowledge of Turkish history and sites was top notch.

On our Med tour we used

logo.gif

e-mail: info@toursturkey.com

in both Kusadasi and Istanbul. The guide is absolutely fabulous. He is the owner, and very knowledgeable. His name is Sezgin. Their website is http://www.toursturkey.com/. I would highly suggest him. There were 4 of us on the tour, and his English is wonderful. Hope this helps!!

Terry

We used Meander Cruises while in Istanbul & Ephesus on Galaxy in May 2005 and were very pleased. We also have heard good things about Nejat on the boards and by another family on our cruise. You will see recommendations for both Meander and Nejat on the Ports of Call board too.

The Galaxy Eastern Mediterranean remains our favorite cruise of our 13 cruises, which have included 5 European (3 Med, 1 Baltic, 1 TA) cruises.

Kathy

This past Nov. we had Nejat's assistant as Nejat had an emergency at the last minute. His asst. was Dundar and he was absolutely great! A young man with very good English. I can't find his card but can check with others from our tour if anyone needs it. Or I'm sure Negat could arrange it.

This was in Istanbul. Nejzt met us in Kusadasi.

Kagan took us round Istanbul - excellent and good on modern Istanbul as well as history. Meander Travel provided an excellent guide in Ephesus (very kind to our young daughter who was very hot and tired), but make sure they know precisely what you want, as they told him we wanted to carpet shop. We had a lovely free meal at a very interesting carpet maker, but it was embarrassing insisting that we didn't want to buy (too many rugs from previous visits to Turkey!) after taking advantage of their hospitality.

Archived