Waverunner Tours?

mtemple

I'm a long time lurker on this board, and first time poster. So far I've found this board to be wonderful for advice, especially on excursion planning. I recall reading about a waverunner tour to Stingray City that sounds like it would be right up our alley. Does anyone have more information on this? Is it recommended or not? Any particular companies I should go with? I found grandcaymanexcursions.com, but I haven't read much about them here. Thanks!

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

Just did this last week and can't give a high-enough recommendation.

Great value, individual attention, more time with the rays than with large ship's excursions and the jet skis are a lot of fun.

The guy who runs the excursion is a Cayman resident since age 10 and a George Washington U. educated engineer who thought this venture would be more fun than messing with a slide-rule all day (I know, noone uses slide rules any more).

You do cross a lot of open water, which can be choppy. If you have snorkel goggles or swim goggles, bring them. The chop and spray can beat you up pretty good. And book two jet skis if you're with a spouse. It's more fun to drive than be in the back seat.

My hubby and son I and did this excursion two weeks and loved it. However, I was on my husbands jet ski and preferred it that way. I drove from the Stingrays to Rum Point and since the water is choppy and we love to go fast, my arms were exhausted. Even my football player son said his arms were tired by the end, and the couple we were with were young and took their own waverunner, and the woman said her arms were burning and she wished she'd been a passenger. I know I couldn't have driven the whole way, and I love to drive jet skis. It's just that it's such open water that you really have to hang on 'cause you're constantly lifting off the machine. It's great and the guides are superb.

Archived