good dress sale at nordstroms.com

emd1

I thought I'd share that Nordstroms.com is having a nice sale on formals and dresses. Like $50 to $75 for very nice short cocktail dresses or long formal gowns. Go to the sale icon on the webpage and then to sale dresses.

Well, another innocent has fallen under the evil spell of you crafty shoppers! Just bought a dress...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2911244/0~2376788~6002242~6007533~6007554?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007554&P=1

I have been looking thru Nordstrom.com's stuff for a while now, and liked their dresses very much. But this is the first time I've seen the one I just bought, and the price is very right, too.

Thanks, kids!

Well, another innocent has fallen under the evil spell of you crafty shoppers! Just bought a dress...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2911244/0~2376788~6002242~6007533~6007554?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007554&P=1

I have been looking thru Nordstrom.com's stuff for a while now, and liked their dresses very much. But this is the first time I've seen the one I just bought, and the price is very right, too.

Thanks, kids!

Thanks for posting the picture of your dress - I bought the same dress several weeks ago at full price and when I saw the sale price I called and they gave me a credit!

The first one is a steal at that price. Cerise is very unique and eye-catching if you can carry it off. Everyone wears black; it is more practical and you might get more mileage out of black. But if I could carry that dress off (which I can't), at that price, I'd go for cerise.

Second one is also a very cool unique formfitting dress; more $$. Looks to me like it might need some bust size to fill it out.

Nordstroms has a very easy return policy in the stores, no hassles. I have not had to return anything from an online purchase; perhaps if you order both you can return one to the store closest to you if you have one and not have to send it back. I really like being able to online purchases at the store and not having to send it back and pay for shipment.

They also have that great deal on shipping, just $5 shipping now for any order....

Good luck! I ordered a couple of things today also from the sale, not for the cruise as I have finished shopping for that.

The first one is a steal at that price. Cerise is very unique and eye-catching if you can carry it off. Everyone wears black; it is more practical and you might get more mileage out of black. But if I could carry that dress off (which I can't), at that price, I'd go for cerise.

Second one is also a very cool unique formfitting dress; more $$. Looks to me like it might need some bust size to fill it out.

Nordstroms has a very easy return policy in the stores, no hassles. I have not had to return anything from an online purchase; perhaps if you order both you can return one to the store closest to you if you have one and not have to send it back. I really like being able to online purchases at the store and not having to send it back and pay for shipment.

They also have that great deal on shipping, just $5 shipping now for any order....

Good luck! I ordered a couple of things today also from the sale, not for the cruise as I have finished shopping for that.

I was thinking the sarme thing about the black vs cerise. I have a short satin dress in a hot pink that always gets me tons of compliments. But the black is more practical...I drive by a Nordstrom every day to and from work, so if I did order both and return one, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I probably won't order the second one because it's pricier and I don't NEED another cocktail dress, but I love the color and the way it cinches the waist.

Have a blast on your cruise!

Chigirl--I would say that the cherise success will depend upon your coloring--if you can wear that color, then go for the impact. Otherwise, the black is equally lovely.

The second dress is beautiful regardless, and if you wear size 4, you can't go wrong.

Which means I think you should get them both. (doh!).

And thanks all, for your good wishes about my (and arf2005's) dress. Boy, it sure was easier to shop for clothes about 10 years ago!

DH and I have by default devoted one of our closets to our dress/cruise clothes. Everything else gets stuffed into the other one. Tomorrow we are going to the shop to pick up his tuxedo. I must say, I really don't get why someone would rather wear (don't say jeans!) everyday stuff when they can wear lovely things. Though I wish it were easier and more pleasant and helpfrul for girls to buy these kinds of things like it was for him.

Well, I'm drifting, likely because it's late, and why I usually am doing something else this time of night. Good night and thanks again!

Oh thank goodness, I am going to check it out, we are leaving in 26 days and I just finally got my 1st dress...I was so stressed out because I bought 1 dress online, hated it, then got two others online and hated one and the other was nice but it had a hole in it and when I went to exchange it online they didn't have anymore of them in my size, so I just can't win. I couldn't find anything. I went to www.jcpenny.com and bought a dress and loved it, it was on sale for $40 which was right in my budget but I am pretty short and it came down mid calf and didn't look right, well it cost me $50 to have it hemmed so needless to say it exceeded my budget but at this point I am just happy to have one dress that fits me nicely plus it's a pretty plain little black dress so I can wear it plenty in the future...let me just say with all of the dresses that I have between previous weddings and the last cruise and now the upcoming cruise...someone gets married I won't have to buy anything which makes my life easy, the hard part is finding 2 dresses for one cruise!!! It's been a horrible experience and hopefully nordstroms will offer me something nice! Thanks again!

well it cost me $50 to have it hemmed so needless to say it exceeded my budget but at this point I am just happy to have one dress that fits me nicely plus it's a pretty plain little black dress so I can wear it plenty in the future

$50 for a hem?!! Goodness, that's a lot! Did the dress have multiple layers? Or is this standard for your area? I've paid around $30 for hems on bridesmaid dresses (usually the only alteration I need luckily), so that's what I've come to expect. And I think that's a lot.

Archived