Moombabeach

robintexas

Arubalisa,

What is the name of the beach where MooMba's restaurant is? Can you give me an idea what the area is like? Are there a lot of activities right there? We're going on the Jolly Pirates excursion which leaves from MooMba's and then when we return in the afternoon, we plan on spending the rest of the day at the beach and having dinner there and catching the sunset. I have three teenage boys who will not just sit on the beach for hours and hours and I'm trying to get an idea what there is to do. I'm not sure of the name of the beach where MooMba's is so I haven't been able to look it up. Is there a boardwalk with shops and restaurants? Do you know what water sports are there? Would you recommend MooMba's for dinner? Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks.

Arubalisa,

What is the name of the beach where MooMba's restaurant is? Can you give me an idea what the area is like? Are there a lot of activities right there? We're going on the Jolly Pirates excursion which leaves from MooMba's and then when we return in the afternoon, we plan on spending the rest of the day at the beach and having dinner there and catching the sunset. I have three teenage boys who will not just sit on the beach for hours and hours and I'm trying to get an idea what there is to do. I'm not sure of the name of the beach where MooMba's is so I haven't been able to look it up. Is there a boardwalk with shops and restaurants? Do you know what water sports are there? Would you recommend MooMba's for dinner? Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks.

MooMba's is located on Palm Beach between the Holiday Inn Sunspree and Mariott's Aruba Surf Club. The Holiday Inn is the northern most point of a concrete "boardwalk" which runs along the beach between the resorts and the actual sand up to the opposite south end. About 7 resorts in all and an easy walk. There are shops inside of the resorts but only a couple of others. One on De Palm Pier, and one on the boardwalk at the Radisson (not sure exactly what they offer, might be just dive stuff).

Anyway, the Holiday Inn has a shopping arcade and is right next door to where you will be. For dinner there is Moomba's, as well as the resort's beachfront restaurants. Just south of the Holiday Inn on the Pelican Watersports pier is Pelican's Pirate's Nest and further down the beach on the pier between the Radisson and Riu is the Bugaloe Bar & Grill. My brother and the kids had lunch there in December and enjoyed it very much. Streetside there are some other restaurants such as Salt & Pepper. They have great tapas http://www.saltandpepperaruba.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=21

Below is a prior post with some info on all of the different watersports.

THREE PALM BEACH VENDORS

http://www.arubawatersportcenter.com/pricelist_WS.htm Aruba Watersport Center (just north of the Radisson)

Itito's Watersports (located next to New Kid Watersports below)

Banana Boat $20 pp

Tube Ride $20 pp

Waterskiing $45 15 minutes

Knee Board $45 15 minutes

Parasailing $50 pp/10 minutes

Waverunner-

1 person $55 1/2 half

2 person $65 1/2 hour

ititob.jpg

Archived