Emerald pool or Trafalgar falls

iron rangers

Both are visually beautiful. The pool provides a more of a "swimming" hole, with an easier entry to the water. The water is also deeper and cooler (more of a swimming hole).

At the falls, we only went as far as the first one, as the climb was more difficult and the boys went into the water at the first one. The water is warm, volcanic, and there were a few small places to sit in the water, not one big one like at the falls.

IMHO, I would say the pool if you're going to get wet. If you just want to look, then the falls. Either way, they are both beautiful.

I hope this helps,

diana

I was just at both last week, if you are willing to do some scrambling over boulders then Trafalgar is better. It is much more impressive than the Emerald Pool, plus there is the hot springs on the way to the falls that you can enjoy. If I had to pick one it would be Trafalgar.

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked on the Destiny in april, and was woundering what falls would be better? We are also thinking of the river tubing so I don't think we have time to spend at both the Emerald pool and Trafalgar falls.

Trafalgar falls are very pretty but Emerald Falls/Pool is much more fun. Trafalgar is a pain to access and the path is very difficult so people get in your way. Emerald falls is easier to access and more tropical looking. The pool is very refreshing. According to our tour guide it also gives you back 5 years of your life. the kids and I took a dip and it was a blast. Apparently I now look 41 years old.

Rigger

We are booked on the Destiny in april, and was woundering what falls would be better? We are also thinking of the river tubing so I don't think we have time to spend at both the Emerald pool and Trafalgar falls.

You might check with Reynotours@hotmail.com...I know others were taking the river tubing and he was picking them up at the river to do a tour with him. We got to see both waterfalls and they were both different and beautiful,but he could set you up with what you had time to do.Dot

• 3 years later...
GoBuckeyes1 did you take a private tour to the falls. Who did you use. We will be going there in Feb and would like to see the falls.

Does your name refer to The Ohio State Buckeyes.

We are going there in Feb also if you here something can you pass it on to us also. Maybe we might run into each other that would be cool...LOL HA HA HA

41 days 5 hours 43 mins.

Archived